Technical Manager in-Service Training
Intra Health International
Deadline of this Job:
30th October 2018
Date Posted: 17th October 2018 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Company
The goal of the USAID funded Human Resources for Health (HRH) Kenya Mechanism is to strengthen HRH systems at the national and county government levels to improve heald1 outcomes for the Kenyan people. In order to strengthen its team, the Mechanism is looking for suitable candidates to ﬁll the following position:
Technical Manager in-Service Training
Working under the direction of the Team Lead —Workforce Training the Technical Manager in-service training and regulation will have the primary responsibility to lead file institutionalization of in-service training (IST) at the county level
- Participate in die development of strategy for implementation of IST activities through writing of technical concepts and sharing of technical inputs in planning and technical meetings.
- Provide technical and managerial oversight in die implementation of In-service training activities.
- Sensitize training institutions, county health departments of health (CDoH) and health service delivery partners of die mechanisms role and how they ﬁt in.
- Coordinate, schedule and convene periodic meetings width USAID funded Afya Mechanism‘s! APHIA Plus projects on IST and advocate for institutional based in-service training. Support counties in the Project geographical coverage areas (27 counties) to establish functional t:raining committees that will conduct training needs assessment forecast in-service training requirement for the county through projections and budgeting, development of t:raining calendars for IST and optimize die use of training information systems i.e. Integrated human resource if‘lfOlTl'|3I1iOI‘l system (iHRlS-Train) so as to enhance coordination, planning, implementation, reporting, monitoring and evaluating effectiveness of in-service training to health service delivery needs.
- Lead the implementation of t:lle Inter-county HRD and county HRD for a with counties, partners and medical training institutions as a platform to actualize IST institutionalization milestone for sustainability.
- Manage delivery of quality in-service training of health workers d1rough
- collaboration width MOH technical departments responsible in the training of TOT's, and service providers. Collaborate with service delivery partners on IST t:l1at includes training needs assessment (TNA), training implementation and post training follow up.
- Roll out the utilization of IST tools that includes; mentorship, supportive supervision and post training follow up in partnership width service delivery partners and counties.
- In partnership with HRH Kenya partner for pre-service training lead t:lle roll-out of innovative IST through elm-Learning for health workers, counties and partners.
- Reporting and documentation of in-service training intervention during weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to meet expectations of USAID, GOK and other key stakeholders. This will include development of relevant technical briefs and abstracts for conferences and peer reviewed journals
- Representation to key meetings and for a as delegated.
- A Master’s Degree in education, MPH, Medical Education or a related ﬁeld of study is required
- Excellent understanding of the health sector in Kenya and educational systems Prior experience supporting Ministry of Health (MOH) training processes working with partners in health systems strengthening
- At least 7 years’ experience in curricula development review, guideline development and implementation at county level
- Experience working with County Governments e.g. Health or education departments or relevant government structures.
- At least 7 years work experience in managing a training function in a|1 NGO setup working with MOH and partners.