- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Vivo Energy
Deadline of this Job:
28 February 2020
Date Posted: Friday, February 14, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Supply Assistant (KRA) Job Vivo .
Drawback, Refunds and rebates
• Supporting KRA exports documentation to ensure all is per expected duty claim process
• Collating all support documents for drawback, refunds and rebate
• Computation, compilation and approval of all drawback, refunds and rebate vouchers for lodging with KRA.
• Follow up of all claims documentation for submission to KRA system and documenting rejected claim
• Support with periodic reports of exports, duty free deliveries, drawback, refunds as required from time to time
• Keep track of all VEK/SVLK Exports to ensure efficient clearance as per prevailing KPI
• Coordinate with all internal imports focal points to ensure no knowledge and process gaps and timely action by the focal points to alleviate clearance delays, demurrage and storage charges.
• Support to all business Units in VEK and SVLK when declaring exports to ensure correct documentation.
Compliance with Regulatory framework
• Maintain daily follow ups with Customs and exports Manager to ensure no negative publicity related to compliance issues and if any raise it immediately with supervisor.
• Action on all non-compliance issues raised by CSD immediately they are raised and get formal confirmations from KRA on close-out of each.
• Monitor changes in the above regulatory environment and focal points on the best way to comply.
• Conduct monthly reconciliation with KRA KOSF to ensure all imported products have been fully accounted for and captured in KRA records.
• Reconciliation of all KRA demands from Customs Services Department to ensure close-out and formal communication of the same by KRA
• Building professional influential rapport with KRA and interpersonal skills to achieve objectives.
• Delivery of timely status reports.
• Compliance with KRA legal framework relating to this role
• Risk of penalization by KRA and the resulting need to keep very good records to mitigate.
• Challenge of ensuring effective supervision and performance of C&F agents
• Working odd hours when supervising vessels discharge
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Solid prior experience of customs processes
• Solid prior experience regarding drawback refunds.
• Proven analytical competencies
• Strong and effective team player.
• High integrity and strong character
• Proven communication and inter-personal skills.
• A sound understanding of accounting principles and concepts and their application and Proficient in IT especially Microsoft Office and SAP.
• A working knowledge with relevant Tax laws (East Africa Community Customs Management Act)
• Good business relationship and contacts with relevant Tax authority teams
• Good communication skills.
• Demonstrated evidence of Enterprise first values – Mastery
• Income Tax / VAT/Customs & excise/EACCMA – Mastery
• Accounting skills (working knowledge of standards/practice) – Knowledge
• Displays personal effectiveness – Knowledge
• Team Working – Skill
• Correctness & integrity of figures – Skill
• Demonstrate Courage – Knowledge
• Good communications skills and ability to influence others – Skill
• Shore Officer competences – Skill
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.