- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Senior Qualitative Expert, USAID/Somalia Monitoring, Verification and Reporting Project, Somalia
Jobs at:Social Impact
Deadline of this Job:
10 April 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SI is pursuing a bid for an upcoming USAID/KEA single holder award under an indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract for the provision of Monitoring, Verification, and Reporting (MV&R) activities through the five-year USAID/Somalia MV&R Activity Task Order. The activity aims to verify and report on activities carried out by Implementing Partners (IPs) across Somalia, through the delivery of timely, analytical, qualitative, and quantitative information. Through visits to USAID/Somalia supported activity sites. The findings derived from monitoring and verification information must be backed with evidence and reported to USAID in a manner that allows activity managers to understand the successes and challenges on the ground quickly, and to take prompt action if needed.
SI seeks a full-time Nairobi-based Senior Qualitative Expert to manage the development, collection, analysis, and presentation of qualitative information. He/she will ensure qualitative data collection and analysis is a significant part of the MV&R process. The Senior Qualitative Expert is expected to travel frequently to Somalia to directly interact with project beneficiaries through key informant interviews, focus groups, among other activities. Additionally, the Expert will conduct ad hoc site visits or plan to conduct ad hoc qualitative research by USAID. .
• Provide technical leadership and oversight in drafting the qualitative sections of the MV&R reports for each round.
• Develop (in consultation with USAID) tools and protocols to capture relevant qualitative data, which will yield rich qualitative information across each activity.
• Orient USAID staff/field staff/subcontractors on the new/revised qualitative data collection tools, and protocols.
• Review, analyze, and synthesize qualitative data to ensure logical inferences and conclusions are drawn from the findings.
• Triangulate MV&R findings with routine program and evaluation data to provide further insight into program effectiveness and identify opportunities for learning.
• Generate and disseminate synthesized reports and presentations tailored to the intended audience.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A bachelor’s degree in the field of evaluation, international development, or a related technical field.
• At least five years of overseas experience in international development conducting qualitative research.
• Must be technically proficient in at least one of the following fields: democracy and governance, economic growth, education, and stabilization.
• Strong communication and presentation skills, including an ability to synthesize and explain complex information to stakeholders.
• Prior experience in a high threat environment.
• Excellent English writing skills and speaking ability; Somali language proficiency
• Must have an understanding of Somali culture and operating environment.
• Willingness and ability to travel to Somalia as needed.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.