- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Director General Chief Executive Officer (DG/CEO)
Jobs at:Kenya Space Agency (KSA)
Deadline of this Job:
24 August 2020
Date Posted: Monday, August 03, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
DIRECTOR GENERAL CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (DG/CEO) - GRADE KSA 1
The Kenya Space Agency (KSA) is established as a State Corporation in the Ministry of Defence vide Legal Notice No. 22 of 7 March, 2017. The mandate of the Agency is to promote, coordinate and regulate space related activities in the country.
To achieve its mandate, the Corporation seeks to recruit a dynamic and competent individual as Director General/ Chief Executive Officer.
JOB TITLE: DG /CEO - KSA 1
The Director General /Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible to the Board for the day to day management and coordination of activities in the Agency. He/She will also be the Accounting and Authorized Officer of the Agency and Secretary to the Board. .
The Director General/Chief Executive Officer is responsible for the following functions among others:
• Providing strategic leadership in accordance with the mandate of the Agency as stipulated in the legal Notice;
• Managing the day to day affairs of the Agency:
• Advising the Board on all policies and strategies related to Kenya Space and development;
• Overseeing the development of the Strategic Plan, business and annual plans of the Agency and ensuring implementation and review;
• Ensuring formulation, implementation and review of the Agency's policies, legislation, strategies, standards, procedures, and guidelines;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Communication skills;
• Strategic and innovative thinking;
• Ability to mobilize resources; and
• Negotiation skills.
• At least fifteen (15) years relevant work experience in Space Science and Technology/ related field in public or private sector ten (10) of which must have been in a Senior Management position;
• Bachelor's degree in space science or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Master's degree in space science or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Membership of a relevant professional body where applicable;
• At least four (4) weeks Leadership course, Corporate Governance or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Meets the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution;
• Demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence in work performance and results and
• Thorough understanding of national goals, policies, objectives and ability to relate them to the Agency's mandate.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Pursuant to Chapter 6 of the Constitution, applicants should attach copies of the following:
• Certificate of Good Conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation
• Clearance certificate from Credit Reference Bureau
• Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board • Clearance certificate from Ethics Anti-Corruption Commission.
• A valid Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
• A recent letter from the profession association confirming that one is in good standing.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Candidates who meet the above requirement should submit their written applications together with their detailed CVs (Clearly stating three referees (3) and contacts), copies of all academic and professional certificates and testimonials, a copy of National ID/Passport and Bio Data Form (to be downloaded from www.ksa.go.ke)
Completed applications should be sent to the Chairperson, Board of Directors Kenya Space Agency, PO Box 7046-00200 NAIROBI or delivered in an enclosed envelope at KSA Headquarters, Pitman House (4** Floor) Jakaya Kikwete Road, on or before 24th August 2020.
For detailed job description and remuneration, please visit Kenya Space Agency and Ministry of Defence website: www.ksa.go.ke and www.mod.go.ke) and on www.mygov.go.ke
• Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
• Qualified persons irrespective of gender, age, race, culture, religion, marital status or disability are encouraged to apply.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Chairperson Board of Directors
KENYA SPACE AGENCY
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.