- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Programme manager, CSSF South Sudan, Maternity Cover
Jobs at:British High Commission
Deadline of this Job:
18th July, 2019
Date Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
The Programme Manager will be responsible for developing, managing and reporting on projects in Conflict, Security and Stability in support of the UK’s strategic objectives for South Sudan.
The successful candidate will have specific responsibility for developing projects on objectives relating to peace mediation and peace-building programming, and to develop a broad understanding of the UK’s project work in South Sudan .
• Help technical leads in the proactive development of project ideas
• Receive project proposals and prepare initial assessment summaries for consideration by the CSSF Head of Programmes and South Sudan Strand Board.
• Assist with production of Business Cases for projects in line with each department’s procedures
• Oversee procurement in line with relevant HMG procurement procedures
• Support Programme Team in delivery of Conflict, Stability and Security projects
• Create and maintain schedule of key project milestones (start/end dates, report due dates, monitoring visits required, evaluations) and be responsible for holding technical leads to timescales.
• Particular overseeing in the design and delivery of the Embassy’s National Level Conflict Reduction programme.
• Regular travel will be required to South Sudan and, subject to the security situation, occasionally outside of Juba.
• Assessment of partner budgets to ensure in line with UK government rules and regulations and value for money
• Maintenance of accurate spreadsheets regarding project allocations, monthly spend and forecast spend
• Financial reporting back to the Head of Programmes (monthly),
• Monitoring of programme spend, including against allocation per project and liaison with implementing partners
• Arrange for transfer of funds to partners as required
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Experience in programme management.
• Experience in financial management.
• Experience working in politically sensitive programming and with senior stakeholders; on peace agreement implementation and/or with the security sector
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online on; https://fco.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-1/brand-2/user-2654062/xf-860e2340772c/candidate/so/pm/4/pl/1/opp/9738-Programme-manager-CSSF-South-Sudan-Maternity-Cover-33-19-NR/en-GB