- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Program Director, HP+ Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. Health Policy Plus (HP+) is a USAID-funded awarded to Palladium on August 28, 2015 with a current end date of September 2022. HP+ has a mandate across global, country, and subnational levels to strengthen and advance health policy priorities in HIV, family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH), and maternal health. It aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on voluntary, rights-based health programs, and by strengthening in-country partners' capacity to navigate complex environments for effective policy design, implementation, and financing aligned to their priorities. We carry forward proven approaches to preserve achievements. These approaches inform how we manage programs and engage with stakeholders, and tools and techniques improve decision making and the achievement of predetermined goals. The Program Director for HP+ Kenya, based in Nairobi, is responsible for the overall technical and administrative management and implementation of the project in Kenya and will be the senior in-country project representative with overall responsibility for supervising project staff, and managing relations with partners and sub-contractors, both international and local, and achieving the set results. The Program Director will take a leadership role to coordinate program activities among a diverse group of stakeholders and beneficiaries. .
Project Management and Technical Leadership
• Leads and oversees the HP+ Kenya program working closely with the DC-based management team to ensure project compliance with client requirements, donor rules and regulations, and Palladium policies and systems;
• Serves as Palladium's representative for the project in-country, providing both technical leadership and management strategy for project implementation, ensuring activities are performed to a high professional standard, and all technical objectives are met;
• As the primary liaison to the client, builds productive working relationships through open communication with all project stakeholders including the client, field team, home office team, government counterparts, grantees, subcontractors, and other client implementing partners;
• Confers with USAID management on strategic issues to maximize impact and scale, minimize costs, and ensures both efficiency and sustainability in achieving project requirements;
• Works in partnership with the DC-based Country Activity Manager and Project Manager, engaging in frequent, routine communication so that the home office is aware of both progress and potential challenges, and solicits assistance and input as needed to ensure that performance meets or exceeds technical and financial contractual requirements;
• Oversees creation and implementation of workplan, project monitoring and evaluation activities, including regular monitoring and reporting against selected indicators;
• Oversees preparation of reports and other technical deliverables, including quarterly and annual reports, coordinating with the Washington DC team for properly reviewed financial data and technical inputs;
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Master's degree or higher in economics, public health, public policy, health systems, business administration, social sciences, or similar degree program is preferred but not required.
• 12+ years of experience in technical assistance at the national level on UHC, health financing, governance, health policy, using data for decision making, capacity development of public sector, sustainability, planning, and/or leadership. Strong preference for experience with health finance.
• Experience establishing and strengthening productive and collaborative relationships with government counterparts, local organizations, the private sector, and other donor organizations.
• Experience developing and applying systems management and monitoring tools and conducting assessments and analyses.
• Experience implementing programs and providing technical assistance at the national and county levels in Kenya or other countries in east Africa.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.