- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Program Coordinator (Open until filled)
Jobs at:International Livestock Research Institute
Deadline of this Job:
28 March 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for better and more sustainable use of livestock. ILRI is a CGIAR research centre - part of a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Program Coordinator to be responsible for the management, coordination and oversight of planning, implementing and communicating different program and projects within the “Transformation of Animal Health Services and Solution in Low to Middle Income Countries (TAHSSL)” initiative.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa www.ilri.org ).
TAHSSL will be formed through a strategic partnership to leverage the comparative advantages of the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI), a CGIAR global livestock agriculture research for development center, ClinGlobal, an African based private contract research organization (CRO) that supports research and development (R&D) programs of Global Animal Health Companies (GAHC), and the Global Alliance for Livestock and Veterinary Medicine (GALVmed), a product and market development organization improving access to Veterinary Medicinal Products (VMPs) by smallholder farmers in Africa and Asia.
TAHSSL will build a “one-stop-shop” to conduct research on animal-health product technologies to generate robust proof-of-concept results that are of high quality and to facilitate with the private sector product development, registration and use. The focus will be on developing veterinary medicines and diagnostic solutions to address animal health disease constraints in low-middle income countries (LMIC) and providing services to help fill the product development pipeline. .
• Manage the operational and tactical aspects of all TAHSSL projects - keep all partners of the platform up-to-date with relevant project information and ensure maximum efficacy
• Lead the planning and coordination of the TAHSSL program and its activities
• Responsible for overall project and program activity reporting (including to TAHSSL Advisory Committee (TAC) and funding organizations)
• Ensure the implementation of common policies and practices of all three TAHSSL partners through close collaboration with partner members of the TAHSSL Coordination Team
• Responsible for TAHSSL budget and track expenditures and transactions - handle the TAHSSL related financial administration in close alignment with ILRI’s finance department
• Help build positive relations within the tripartite platform and additional partners - schedule and organize the TAC, coordination and project meetings & minimize exposure and risk across multiple projects
• Manage communications through media relations
• Support scientists in proposal writing.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• PhD in Life Science;
• At least 10 years’ experience in coordinating multi-disciplinary and multi-partner projects;
• Thorough understanding and experience of Animal Health issues in LMICs, especially infectious disease control and treatment;
• Proven track record of successfully managing multi-disciplinary and multi-partner programmes ensuring efficiency and effectiveness;
• Proven track record in successfully managing multiple donors;
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Expertise in the commercial sector;
• Expertise in management of BMGF grants;
• MBA/Certification in Program/project management.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.