- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Principal Medical Laboratory Officer
Jobs at:Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
Deadline of this Job:
31st May 2019
Date Posted: 15th May 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Implementation of the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board Act, CAP 253A of 1999, and as amended in 2000. Formulation, implementation, interpretation and review of medical laboratory polices standards, guidelines and programmes at the hospital. Management and corporation of medical laboratory services.
Conduct diagnostic laboratory interventions in liaison with health care stakeholders. Conduct research in the field of medical laboratory services in liaison with other departments and institutions. Provision of evidence in support of medico-legal and forensic services. Provision of specifications, evaluation and validation of medical laboratory equipment, reagents and chemicals.
Ensure biosafety and biosecurity practices of medical laboratory services. Maintenance of medical workshop records, information, and provision of quality assurance and control in medical laboratory services.. .
Senior Principal Medical Laboratory Officer responsibilities include:
• Developing, Implementing and reviewing laboratory policies, guidelines, strategies, standards and programs;
• Coordinating the preparation of reagents, stains and examining specimens;
• Carrying out laboratory operational research;
• Preparing procurement plan for laboratory requirements;
• Providing specifications for the procurement of medical laboratory reagents, stains, apparatus and equipment;
• Maintaining equipment for clinical testing, vector and pesticides monitoring and evaluation;
• Investigating disease outbreaks in liaison with other health care providers; viii. Archiving specimens of medical importance for reference;
• Mapping and surveying of communicable, non-communicable and vector borne disease distribution;
• Preparing periodical reports;
• Identifying training gaps of laboratory technicians and technologists; xii. Recommending appropriate interventions; and
• Training, coaching and mentoring of staff and students..
• Effective communication skills.
• Policy and strategic implementation.
• Risk Management.
• Technical competence.
• Decision-making and problem solving skills.
• Empowering/ delegating.
• High standards of professional ethics.
• Managerial, administrative and supervisory skills.
• Coping with pressure and setbacks.
• Project planning and management..
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
• A minimum period of eight (8) years relevant work with at least three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences or equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board;
• Sub specialization in any of the following disciplines: Parasitology; Clinical Chemistry Hematology; Blood Transfusion; Virology; Bacteriology; Histopathology; Clinical Cytology; immunology; Mycology and Epidemiology or equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board.
• Registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB).
• Valid practicing license from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board.
• Senior Management Course or equivalent lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
• Proficiency in computer applications..
In addition, all applicants MUST attach the following valid documents;
• Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Compliance Certificate
• Higher Education Loan Board (HELB) Certificate
• National Police Service (NPS) Clearance Certificate
• CRB — Credit Reference Bureau Certificate
• Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) Clearance
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
If you are innovative, self-starter, results-oriented individual and you meet the above requirements, please send six (6) hard copies of your application with detailed C.V, together with certified copies of your relevant academic/professional testimonials and three (3) letters from referees of whom two (2) must be from your profession to:
Chief Executive Officer
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
Chandaria Cancer and Chronic Disease Centre
P 0 Box 3-30100
The deadline for submitting full applications will be on Friday, 31st May 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital is an equal opportunity Employer. Women, Persons Living with Disability (PLWDs) and those from Marginalized Areas due encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews..