Junior UI Designer
Jobs at:I&M Bank Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
24 February 2020
Date Posted: Friday, February 14, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
I&M Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of I&M Holdings Limited, a publicly quoted company at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE). The bank possesses a rich heritage in banking. Started in 1974, it evolved from a community financial institution to a publicly listed major regional commercial bank offering a full range of corporate and retail banking services, 35 branches in Kenya and international operations in 3 other countries. I&M Bank is a dominant player in the Kenyan market that has been consistently growing, and is innovative in terms of the type and range of products and services it offers. The Junior UI Designer will be responsible for creating end-to-end product designs that will deliver distinctive digital experiences for I&M’s customers and employees. .
As a member of the team, you will:
• Designing and delivering elegant and delightful product experiences as part of a cross-functional Agile product team.
• Make deliberate design decisions that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
• Translate the user experience journeys into smooth and intuitive interactions.
• Explore solutions and refine concepts via wireframes and detailed high-fidelity designs.
• Drive the implementation of the visual style and brand positioning relative to design guidelines.
• Research, identify and articulate customer needs and ensure all interactions are intuitive and easy for customers
• Build prototypes and design tests to validate the products ability to meet customer needs, behaviours and mental models.
• Collaborate with other designers within and cross-team to problem solve design challenges and maintain a level of design consistency and coherence across client organization products.
• Clearly articulate proposed design and key decisions with Product Owners.
• Must be a team player capable of working closely with the Design lead, UX designers and developers across various products.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Knowledge, experience & skills:
• Design Diploma or any other relevant course/ qualification in design studies
• 1-3 years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UI design
• Experience with designing quality digital products
• Experience with user-centred design that spans mobile and web interfaces
• Experience with a diverse set of software such as the Adobe XD, InVision, Sketch, Zeplin, and other tools for Graphic / Visual Design
• Basic coding skills that help make your vision a reality is a plus
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tight deadlines efficiently
• Knowledge of agile values, principles and practices
• Knowledge of services in client’s industry
• Awareness of current design trends
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.