- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
International Export Finance Executive & Senior Project Finance Officer
Jobs at:British High Commission
Deadline of this Job:
18th July, 2019
Date Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Within Nairobi you will be part of the Department for International Trade’s Commercial Team. This includes: The Deputy Trade Commissioner for Africa, Head of Trade for Kenya, and four further team members. The team works alongside DFID and UK Foreign Office colleagues as part of the Prosperity cluster of the Nairobi High Commission. In total the cluster has 25 staff. .
• Build and share market knowledge. You will be UKEF’s Lead in Kenya.
• You will need to assess the viability of projects, regularly deal with novel situations and balancing competing priorities in order to build market share.
• The organisation will look to you when assessing country and project risk, including writing reports and updates on this to underwriters.
• Build awareness of UKEF support capabilities. Across the region you will set the framework for what UKEF can deliver and embed the vision, skills and understanding within junior staff in order to deliver through them.
• Raise the profile of UKEF through engagement with the business community, represent the UK Government at project finance events in Kenya, and give clear, instructive guidance on UK tools, generate new leads and ensure maximum visibility of the UK finance offer.
• Confident public speaking and networking will be important.
• Achieve commercial outcomes. You will be primarily client facing, meeting project teams, discussing their eligibility and suitability for UK backed financing instruments, and working on behalf of UKEF and other institutions to take projects through process of internal review before funds are deployed.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Given this is a new function, you will be breaking new ground. You will need to be a self-starter who can seize the initiative and lay out a strategy for achieving the objectives laid out in the job description.
• Proven experience of leading structured finance / trade finance operations
• Current and relevant commercial management skills, well versed in contracting and finance oversight.
• A proven track record in modern international trade practice. Immersive cross-cultural expertise and business knowledge of the relevant market
• Proven competence in leading strategy development and business planning
• Proven experience within the local business community and knowledge of associated trends
• Knowledge of, and a keen interest in, sustainable development (additional training will be given)
• Competent in Microsoft Office applications
• Proven advisory and negotiation skills at senior levels –able to express ideas and messages clearly and concisely, both orally and in written communication.
• Excellent drafting skills in English, and absolute fluency of written and spoken English is a prerequisite.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online on; https://fco.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-1/brand-2/user-2654062/xf-860e2340772c/candidate/so/pm/4/pl/1/opp/9719-International-Export-Finance-Executive-Senior-Project-Finance-Officer-31-19-NR/en-GB