Internal Audit Senior
Deadline of this Job:
10th December 2018
Date Posted: 28th November 2018 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Company
Board of Directors, regulatory bodies, CEO, Investors, Subsidiary companies’ CEOs and Finance Managers, General Managers and Board of Directors
A key part of this role is performing full audits; including risk management, control management, and assessing financial reliability and to provide independent assurance that an organization’s risk management, governance and internal control processes are operating effectively.
- Development of the institution’s annual audit plan.
- Manages performance of audit assignments, reviews work papers and audit reports; edits reports prepared by other auditors.
- Schedules and plans audits; initiates project planning, assess risk and develops audit direction.
- Performs preliminary planning and establishes direction for audits, provides leadership to assigned auditors, manage project to quality outcomes, while meeting established time budget.
- Performs audit work, including plan preparation, work papers, finding, and associated reports; verifies the accuracy of financial records as they pertain to assets, liabilities, receipts, expenditures, and related transactions.
- Coordinates and interacts with staff, and with external audit and law enforcement agencies, as needed; may be required to testify in court
- Consults with and advises Company management, and staff on operational and administrative issues.
- Trains new staff, as needed.
- Keeps abreast of Company policies and procedures, current developments in accounting and auditing professions, and changes in local, state, and federal laws, as applicable.
- Coordinates and interacts with audit firms performing external audits of Company financial statements.
- Participates in development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short-and long-range planning; develops and implements projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
- Develops and provides training to Company departments as requested.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification must be active and good standing and must be practicing Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of auditing policies, auditing concepts, principles standards, and procedures.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Ability to develop and implement audit plans and schedules.
- Knowledge of financial record keeping procedures, laws, regulations, and standards.
- Knowledge of current changes and/or developments in applicable laws, and Company policies and procedures.