- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Intern - Investment Team
Deadline of this Job:
12 July 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and a member of the Schroders Group. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and climate-smart growth in emerging and frontier markets, while providing attractive returns for investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the world’s first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments. The firm has built a distinct track record in offering premium impact investment solutions, including credit, private equity, and sustainable infrastructure. Being an expert in innovative blended finance mandates, the firm is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. BlueOrchard has invested to date more than USD 6bn for sophisticated global private and public clients, enabling tangible social and environmental impact. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Nairobi, Kenya as Intern – Investment Team (6 months)
Objective of the BlueOrchard’s internship program is to create a pool of professionals who are passionate about impact investment and might be interested in exploring further opportunities with BlueOrchard as they may arise. .
• Support in monitoring and analyzing Micro Finance Institutions and independently perform investment-related tasks;
• Conduct desk research regarding country risk, regulatory and competitive environment of local investees as well as potential new markets;
• Support the investment team in portfolio analysis and investors reporting.
Your personal profile
• Reliable and committed, self-starter with strong work ethics and positive energy;
• Excellent team player with high service orientation;
• Proactive, result-driven, flexible with “hands-on” approach and willingness to also perform administrative tasks.
Required skills and qualification
• Master Degree, preferably in finance, business administration, related field or a similar professional experience;
• Experience in financial modelling is preferred;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with advanced skills in Excel and Power Point; VBA skill is a plus;
• Proficiency in English and French. French speaking skills will be assessed.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
What we offer
• Work in a global and fast-growing company with a true commitment to its mission of fighting global poverty and climate change;
• An entrepreneurial culture, offering multiple opportunities for learning and development;
• A dynamic and multicultural team spread around the globe.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter via www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/
Deadline for application is 12.07.2020.
Preferred starting date: August 2020.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.