- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Identification & Retention Assistants
Jobs at:UCSF Global Programs for Research & Training
Deadline of this Job:
16th August 2019
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
12 August 2019
Organization: UCSF Global Programs for Research & Training
Closing date: 16 Aug 2019
Family AIDS and Education Services (FACES) in collaboration between the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and University of Washington (UW) - and other affiliated institutions. Family AIDS Care and Education Services (FACES) program, is a comprehensive HIV prevention and Treatment program managing many sites within in Kisumu County. FACES program is seeking for self-motivated and proactive individuals to fill these positions.
The organization is seeking to employ 10 Identification and Retention Assistants. These positions require one-month commitment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Conducting community-based patient-focused demand creation on HIV testing, ANC, Facility delivery, VMMC and TB Screening services.
• To trace newly identified HIV positive clients for both intra and inter facility linkage
• Enrolling into care 100% of clients who test HIV positive
• Book all client appointments at the Comprehensive Care Clinics
• Offering adherence counseling and support to HIV positive clients both at facility and at home.
• Offering client retention services by identifying and tracking and tracing of defaulters across all program areas
• Conducting home visits to offer home-based services such as assisted disclosure, targeted home refills, high viral load tracing, TB intensified case finding for those exposed and PCR results counseling.
• Follow up of HIV negative partners in Discordant relationships for follow-up testing and updating Discordant Couples Register
• Forming ART clubs, delivering drugs to the clubs and submitting related data
• Updating registers and providing client adherence and retention data
• Support the lay counselors in facilitation of psychosocial support groups.
• Organizing for community outreaches
• Compiling and submitting relevant departmental reports
Job Skills: Not Specified
• 2-3 years’ experience working with patients,
• 1 year working within a busy HIV Comprehensive Care Centre and/or in the provision of HIV prevention services will an added advantage.
• Experience in public relations and coordination preferred
Other Required Skills
• Work experience working in a HIV clinical set up
• Good documentation skills with high attention to detail
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Qualified Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed in the minimum requirements above with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. All applications must include the following:
• Cover letter
• Current CV with names and telephone numbers for three referees
• Copies of academic and professional certificates
Applications must be sent by email to HR.Kenya@ucglobalprograms.org with the email subject Identification & Retention Assistant by end of day Friday, August 16, 2019 by 5PM.