- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Gulf African Bank
Deadline of this Job:
03 June 2020
Date Posted: Friday, May 22, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The genesis of Gulf African Bank (GAB) can be traced back to 2005, when a group of motivated Kenyans envisioned establishing an Islamic bank as an alternative to conventional banking in the country. By conducting business on the principles of Shari'ah, the bank would provide an ethical and fair mode of banking for all. Gulf African Bank is the first and largest Islamic Bank in Kenya and one of the fastest growing banks in the history of the banking sector of the country. The bank offers fully Shari'ah compliant products and services that address the needs of not just Muslims, but everyone in the country including individuals, corporate companies, and institutions. The bank was incorporated on August 9th, 2006 and started operations as a commercial bank in January 8th 2008, in a historic event, where it was granted the country’s first fully-fledged commercial banking license as a dedicated Islamic bank, by the Central Bank of Kenya.
Reporting to: Head of Human Resources
Reporting to the Head of Human Resources, the Human Resource Manager will play a key role in the implementation of HR policies and procedures and promotion of HR best practices across the Bank. The position holder will provide comprehensive HR advisory and consultancy service to Line Managers.
The Manager will be responsible for overseeing HR record management and analytics. .
• To contribute to the development and implementation of new or revised policies and procedures and ensure that new policies are communicated.
• To ensure that recruitment and selection procedures are effectively undertaken and participating in selection panels when necessary.
• To identify and anticipate organization and staff development needs and recommend intervention strategies.
• To carry out line management training on HR issues as required.
• To ensure that policies and procedures are applied consistently and fairly.
• Act as an internal consultant for all line managers on staff disciplinary and grievance matters to preempt, as much as possible, disputes within the Bank.
• Support the Human Resource Business partners in all activities relating performance and productivity management.
• To assist the Learning and Development Manager in implementation of talent development plans
• To investigate complaints and advise and assist managers in the resolution of discipline and grievance issues
• To oversee the HR record management in the systems and physical files
• Approve payroll system and HR system amendments.
• Oversee the preparation of HR reports on Headcount, costs and performance management.
• Evaluate and recommend improvements to benefits programs
• To play a Key role in the HR communication strategy to all staff
• Play a key role in the maintenance of harmonious employee/employer relations and cordial working environment
• Good people skills
• Analytical skills
• Communication skills
• Good writing and reporting skills
• Problem solving skills
Qualifications and Experience:
• A business related degree (BA/BCom Human Resource Management)
• Post Graduate diploma in HR, CHRPK
• MBA (HR Management)
• Experience of at least 8 years working in Human Resource Management roles, experience in Financial institution an added advantage
• Well-grounded in HR best practices.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.