- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Action Against Hunger
Deadline of this Job:
21 January 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Founded in 1979, Action Against Hunger International (ACF) is an international humanitarian recognized in the fight against hunger. ACF mission is to save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, especially during and after emergency situations and conflicts. Helen Keller International (HKI) was founded in 1915 and is dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. HKI aims to combat the root causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. .
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
• Provide operational support to Action Against Hunger health programs in the Horn and East Africa for improved nutrition outcomes.
• Work alongside and capacity build health actors to generate, analyze, and use data for ongoing health systems improvement.
• Identify the on-going learning and development needs of the technical country coordinators and assists in providing or supporting their professional development.
• Provide health technical support to country teams to ensure application of project cycle management from conception to evaluation.
• Provide technical advice to country teams on existing or proposed programmes to ensure relevance, impact, sustainability and quality of the intervention.
• Ensure adherence and appropriate management of medical products and supplies in country to include quality control, quantification guidance, and procurement.
• Provide technical support on priority health systems strengthening and/or health financing needs around UHC implementation.
• With the country program teams, identify innovation and research opportunities.
• Technical supervisory line to health focal in country; and as needed to the nutrition focal..
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Degree in Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing or related field with at least three years’ experience in Public Health with a focus on Health system strengthening in developing countries.
• Experience working in humanitarian contexts, emergency, post-crisis as well as with governments.
• Excellent knowledge of technical fields related to Health that includes excellent working knowledge of Health System Strengthening.
• Applied knowledge of malnutrition causal framework, epidemiology, research preferred.
• Strong organizational skills and technical review/writing of detailed technical documents.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are essential
• Capacity to represent the organization in various forums.
• Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.