- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Head of Risk and Compliance
Jobs at:Dubai Bank Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
01 March 2020
Date Posted: Friday, February 14, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Dubai Islamic Bank has the unique distinction of being the world’s first full Islamic bank, a pioneering institution that has combined the best of traditional Islamic values with the technology and innovation that characterise modern financial institution. Since its formation in 1975, Dubai Islamic Bank has established itself as the undisputed leader in its field, setting the standards for others to follow as the trend towards Islamic banking gathers momentum in the global arena. Islamic banking and finance is now one of the world’s fastest-growing economic sectors that comprise more than 400 institutions with assets under management in excess of US$ 1 trillion (US$1,000 billion). .
• Design Risk and Compliance framework and Defining risk tolerance limits to ensure risk remain within the tolerance rate set by the board.
• Develop and review periodically Risk MIS and Portfolio Quality reports for active Risk Management and ensuring alignment with the set tolerance levels.
• Ensure and maintain a sound corporate, retail and investment portfolio, hence minimizing losses and maximizing return.
• Update Senior Management / Board of Directors on all matters related to Risk & Credit Management.
• Ensure efficient due diligence process within the organization for Risk Management,
• Ensure an effective Risk & Credit systems are in place to optimize the credit & risk reporting process in order to meet the business requirements.
• Development and implementation of Risk & Credit Management Policies and Frameworks for all risk and Businesses areas,
• Ensure risk / reward balance and alignment with the market.
• Member of Executive Committee, Management Committee, Board Credit Committee, Collection Committee, Investment committee, Risk Management Committee and ALCO.
• Participate and contribute on all strategic matters of the bank with respect to its local and overseas operations and future business and expansion plans.
• Basel II and knowledge of high yielding / low risk investment products
• Knowledge of Investment practice and theory
• Risk Management Principles
• Strategy development, implementation and monitoring
• Communication skills
• Analytical thinking
• Problem solving skills
• Team orientation
• A University degree in a business–related field with risk management related professional qualifications
• Master’s degree is preferable.
• 10-12 years’ experience in risk management with at least 5 years at senior management level in well-established and recognized financial institutions.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
An email alert was shared with subscribers on 18th February 2020. You can view it here if you missed it. Alerts make it easier to search for jobs. Many times the alert goes into your Gmail Promotions Tab instead of the Primary Tab, so make sure you check the Promotions Tab every Tuesday and Thursday.
If you want it to always appear in the Primary Tab, you can follow these 4 quick steps on your phone:
On Desktop or Computer, just hold down the email using the left click button and drag it to the Primary Tab.