- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Conservation International
Deadline of this Job:
10 July 2020
Date Posted: Monday, June 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
The Grants Manager is responsible for overseeing the efficient and effective management of grants and contract-related activities for a program or division. Working closely with external partners and CI staff, s/he provides oversight and management of grant-making activities including planning and application activities, contracting, day-to-day administration, reporting, and close-out.
The Grants Manager reviews grants applications, proposals, agreements and related grants data and ensures the accuracy of information in the grants system/database. Performs financial monitoring of grant activities, reviews financial reports submitted by partners and generates timely internal and external financial and related reports. The Grants Manager works to minimize risk to CI and reviews grants-related activities for accuracy, completeness and compliance with CI and grantor policies and procedures. S/he provides follow up on any issues identified during the monitoring and review process and assists with training and capacity building efforts.
The Grants Manager is a key information resource responsible for ensuring effective communications with all key stakeholders. S/he compiles information and responds to requests from partners and program and HQ staff and maintains complete, accurate and up-to-date filing and tracking systems.
The grants Manager will from time to time support development of budgets for new proposals as well as financial accounting related functions.
This position does not supervise staff and duties are performed under general supervision. .
Grant Award and Contracts Project Support:
• Develop materials and manage announcements of grants and subcontract opportunities.
• Implement systems and processes for receiving, reviewing and awarding subgrants and contracts.
• Monitor proposals including project approval/rejection and overall project status. Ensure senior staff are informed of deadlines, targets and workflow changes
• Review grantee technical and financial reports and provide related technical oversight. Coordinate site visits/desk reviews as needed.
• Manage legal/HQ review of agreements and ensure all necessary signatures are in place. • Review and manage contracts amendments and additions.
• Manage grants close-out activities as directed.
Grants Administration and Monitoring:
• Ensure complete, accurate and timely data and information is maintained in the grants system. Work with system administrators to resolve recording issues and recommend system improvements and efficiencies as needed.
• Process routine financial transactions including check requests.
• Assist in providing timely, accurate and relevant reporting, including budget to actual comparisons and status reports.
• Monitor existing grants for compliance with grant agreements and CI policies and procedures.
• Assist grantees/consultants with routine financial, compliance and system reporting questions. Provide training and support on as directed
• Assist in posting, Review and Validation of financial transactions as requested.
• Serve as a primary contact and manage day-to-day interactions with grantees and program, field, and HQ colleagues.
• Maintain hard copy and electronic agreements and related files.
• Provide other administrative support as directed.
• Drafting of budgets relating to new funding opportunities
• Work closely with potential partners to prepare proposal budgets in alignment with donor guidelines provided in call for proposals
• Work is performed in a typical office environment.
• Flexibility to work outside normal work hours to meet deadlines as needed.
We expect that all employees will embrace the values of our organization
• Passion: Inspired by people and by nature, we are urgently compelled to drive change for a sustainable future.
• Integrity: We are honest, transparent and accountable for our actions.
• Teamwork: We work together as one CI, recognizing that inclusion, collaboration and cooperation are fundamental to achieving a healthy and prosperous world for all.
• Respect: We respect each other and work to earn trust, valuing our diversity of cultures, talents, and experiences.
• Courage: We pursue our vision, taking bold action, persevering and overcoming challenges.
• Optimism: We are optimistic about the capacity of people to be caring, generous and brilliant, and believe that with partners, we can inspire humanity to create a better future.
• Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Finance or, Accounting.
• Must be a fully qualified ACCA or CPA (K)
• 6-8-year experience.
• Previous experience with a grants management system preferred.
• Team player and ability to work cooperatively with internal and external partners.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly organized and ability to multi-task, prioritize, and adapt to changing priorities.
• Strong attention to detail and problem-solving abilities.
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
• Strong Microsoft Excel and analytical skills.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.