- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Deadline of this Job:
22 January 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
MISSION ZanaAfrica Foundation supports adolescent girls in Kenya to stay in school by delivering reproductive health education and sanitary pads. VISION We envision a world where girls in East Africa live healthy, safe, educated lives while defining their own purpose-a world in which menstrual health management is recognized as a human right, .
• Provide leadership to and supervise the Finance and Administration team members
• Provide useful financial information and insights to help senior management and Board of Directors make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy
• Develop, implement and update the group’s policies and accounting practices’ manuals and ensure adherence to the same – your job is to be the gatekeeper.
• Manage, oversee, process (as appropriate) and act as back up for processing all of the following transactions: payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivables, revenue and expenses, fixed assets, prepayments, accruals cash, bank and allocations.
• Monitor and control expenditure in line with capital, operational and grant budgets.
• Develop, implement and maintain processes and controls in line with transaction processing best practices.
• Perform and oversee month-end closing procedures including overhead allocation and account reconciliations.
• Oversee the management of inventory including participation in the stock take processes and enforcement of controls.
• Manage the group’s cashflow to ensure adequate liquidity at all times including optimal management of account receivables and payables..
• Detailed knowledge and experience in Quickbooks online
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Proficient in the use of MS applications including advanced Excel functions..
Experience and Education Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field
• Possess a professional qualification – CPA(K), ACCA or equivalent
• 2+ years relevant work experience in a similar position or 5+ years as a senior accountant or equivalent in FMCG. Not-for profit organizations experience will be an added advantage
• Working knowledge of GAAPs, audits and other regulatory requirements
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements of processing payroll and payroll returns filing
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
To apply for this position please email email@example.com to the attention of Kuria Gecau.
Please include in your cover letter what positive change you made in your prior organization that were unique to yourself, both qualitative and quantitatively.
Applications that do not comply to these requests will not be reviewed
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.