- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Director of Health
Jobs at:Living Goods
Deadline of this Job:
30th July, 2019
Date Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own? Living Goods works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big, but operate lean and nimble. We train community health workers to bring health services and life-saving products to families’ doorsteps. We also empower community health workers through mobile phones. We teach them how to detect and treat common illnesses like pneumonia, malaria, malnutrition, and diarrhea. We develop smart phone apps to guide home visits and create predictive algorithms to make the best use of community health workers' time. We test new tools like paperless referrals to clinics and biosensors to monitor infant and child growth. .
• You are our top technical expert. Drive strategy for deepening the health impact of the Living Goods model, staying on top of best practices, new research and innovations to integrate into our model.
• Monitoring and Evaluation: Oversee the development and implementation of the LG M&E strategic plan and drive a culture of data use for decision making at all levels of the organization.
• Research: Oversee the development and implementation of the LG Research strategic plan.
• Identify research opportunities and provide technical oversight to the conduct of research activities by internal and external teams.
• Health capability building: Provide strategic direction to ensure capability of the right people is built through training or other means; Oversee development of all key training, job aids, and other diagnostic tools, ensuring they comply with Ministry of Health, and relevant global health standards and best practice.
• Contribute to the development of LG policies, guidelines and strategic plans.
• Manage, supervise and build a high performing team to ensure effective delivery of the LG strategic plan.
• Coach and mentor managers to build both technical and management capacity.
• Build resources for the future, inspire and motivate others to be the best they can be.
• As a member of the Country senior management team, communicate a vision, build common understanding, align resources to accomplish key objectives, drive the ‘living the values” and work across Living Goods to build collaborative relationships.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Registered Medical Doctor 10+ years of relevant experience in Public health programs with sound understanding of the MOH Kenya (Policies, curricula etc.)
• Strong experience in in Research Design/M&E and implementation of maternal and child health programs.
• Prior experience working with large funding organizations such as GAVI, USAID, DFID and The Gates Foundation is desired.
• Deep knowledge and experience in Design, impact measurement and evaluation,
• Possess strong analytical, evaluation design, and methodological skills, and utilizes “right-fit” methods for a broad range of quantitative and qualitative approaches to communicate a rigorous, yet compelling story about org’s impact
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online; https://livinggoods.applytojob.com/apply/NsS3N3xm9u/Director-Of-Health?source=https%3A%2F%2Fapp.jazz.co%2Fapp%2Fv2%2Fjob%2F1194336%2Fedit%2Fadvertise%23custom-linkLGWEBSITE