- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Deadline of this Job:
26th June 2019
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BBC Monitoring (BBCM) provides news and information based on our monitoring of open source media from over 150 countries in more than 70 languages. It is an important part of the BBC’s news gathering operation, with journalists based in the UK and in international bureau, and provides content for a range of BBC platforms.
Our extensive operation enables us to provide insightful and reliable coverage of political, economic, security and media news.
Our round-the-clock monitoring of TV, radio, press, digital media and news agencies is also provided to a wide range of users, including commercial clients.
About the BBC
Reinventing the BBC for the next Generation
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Contract: Permanent – Full time
Local terms and conditions apply
• To produce engaging content in a range of different formats, on insight gained through monitoring TV, radio, newspapers and social media in the target area
• To come up with new, original and creative ways of telling stories and think of the best ways to integrate images (including video), graphics and data into BBCM’s products in order to have a powerful visual impact
• Ensure all output produced adheres to the highest journalistic standards and is consistent with BBC editorial guidelines
• Actively seek feedback from BBCM’s users; work with the Editorial Leads/Senior Digital Journalists and the rest of the team to interpret this and respond in a timely manner
• Come up with original ideas and creative treatments for ongoing and emerging narratives, including data-driven products and multimedia elements
• Feed in to the global news agenda by leading editorial operations as required
• Continually develop expert knowledge of all media types (including social media) in the coverage area, ensuring that this source context features in output
Job Skills: Are you the right candidate?
• An excellent level of spoken and written English
• Complete fluency in Portuguese OR French
• Excellent monitoring and editing skills, with ability to deliver output that maintains highest journalistic standards and is consistent with BBC editorial guidelines
• Experience in generating and developing original story ideas and new products/services that capture and highlight emerging trends
• Proven ability to drive the editorial agenda and shape day-to-day coverage, identifying new ways to deliver engaging, insightful content to all BBCM’s users
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of the news and current affairs of sub-Saharan Africa
• An interest in international news and media developments globally
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
click here to apply