- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:International Planned Parenthood Federation
Deadline of this Job:
04 March 2020
Date Posted: Friday, February 14, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
IPPF is a global service provider and a leading advocate of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) for all. We are a world-wide movement of national organisations working with and for communities and individuals. The purpose of this job is to contribute to IPPF’s global technical leadership in quality comprehensive service delivery (including HIV and abortion). By showcasing innovative and successful approaches from Member Associations within the Federation and to donors, taking lessons from other organisations and emerging best practice this post holder shall contribute to advancing the SRHR community. As a catalyst for technical centres, and hubs they will build upon our internal capital for the benefit of the Federation as a whole. To support the Senior Communications Advisor in ensuring effective communication of IPPFAR’s work which involves the tasks of researching, writing, editing and publishing information about IPPF Africa Region. .
• Support the Senior Communication Advisor on the implementation of the communications strategy, development, and roll out of media and PR strategy for ARO and MA
• Work with the Senior Communication Advisor to strengthen partnerships with media outlets and ensure high visibility and coverage of IPPFAR’s events, programmes and activities
• Regularly analyse social media coverage on IPPFAR activities
• Maintain and enhance ARO’s web presence and social media
• Contribute to guidelines on digital, social media best practice for wider use by IPPFAR.
• Prepare publications for the media, members of relevant government ministries and civil society organisations
• Maintain a database of all media organisations and key media personnel in Africa
• Organise specific events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours
• Develop and maintain a strong media network for the regional office, including building relations with journalists in all countries covered by the Regional office
• Follow up with media requests in a timely manner and keep the regional media contact list up to date
• Support the Senior Communication Advisor to draft media announcements and releases
• Manage the implementation and delivery of results of the Journalists’ Network Programme
• Foster Member Association (MA) media relations through events such as open days and through involvement in MA initiatives
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested individuals should submit a CV and a 1-page cover letter to: email@example.com . Closing date Wednesday 4th March 2020. If you do not hear from us by 30th June 2020, please assume that your application was not successful.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.