- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:International Livestock Research Institute
Deadline of this Job:
28 March 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for better and more sustainable use of livestock. ILRI is a CGIAR research centre - part of a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Communication Officer to support the start-up of the One Health Centre that will be launched in mid-2020 at ILRI. The candidate will develop and implement an innovative communication strategy to ensure stakeholders are aware of the new centre. In addition, this position will spend half the time supporting communications for a project on co-infection in the Animal and Human Health program. This role will help to communicate the project results to key stakeholders, support communications amongst project partners and mitigate any issues related to communication of results. This position will report to the Team Leader One Health Centre and the PI for the Co-Infection project in the Animal and Human Health program, and will work closely with the Biosciences Communications manager, and ILRI Communications and Knowledge Management Team.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org .
Support the launching of a new One Health Centre
• Develop and implement an external and internal communication plan for the centre
• In-line with ILRI guidelines, develop a branding and marketing strategy
• Provide regular updates on project findings and activities to key stakeholders (i.e. blog posts, newsletters)
• Work closely with the ILRI Bioscience Communications Manager as the link to AMR related projects from the CGIAR AMR Hub and other zoonotic disease not covered by One Health Centre
• Develop and oversee a crisis communication plan (e.g. sensitive research topics) working in line with ILRI CKM
• Support production of knowledge products from One Health Centre findings
• Work with One Health Centre fellows, scientists and stakeholders to generate progress and success stories
• Facilitate (moderate) stakeholder and planning meetings
• Maintain and update online content including the ILRI online repository and social media
• Facilitate and promote knowledge sharing through maintenance of the centre’s Share Point page
• Maintain a list of media and partner contacts (in collaboration with ILRI CKM)
Co-infection project in the Animal and Human Health program
• Lead the development of the projects’ communication plans
• Communicating about the project: Develop the project communication tools (e.g. on-line portal) and materials (newsletters, brochures, stories), oversee their use or dissemination and provide feedback to the project team on their performance/uptake
• Internal sharing and collaboration: develop and maintain communication tools and channels within the consortium to improve sharing amongst project team
• Lead the project’s risk communication activities to ensure that findings of bio-surveillance activities are promptly shared with the target communities and relevant stakeholders so that appropriate interventions for epidemics and other health risks observed are implemented on time.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field
• 7 years’ experience in communications for development or agriculture
• Experience in developing communication and knowledge management strategies
• Proven ability to communicate research findings using various media
• Fluency in writing English
• Expertise in risk communication in project context
• Experience in developing behaviour change communication plans to reach different audiences
• Ability to facilitate stakeholder meetings.
• Highly competent in using a range of web-based and social media tools
• Knowledge of internal sharing tool such as share point an advantage
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.