- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Child Protection Social Worker Intern
Jobs at:HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
20 February 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
HIAS is the global Jewish nonprofit organization that protects refugees-including women and children, and ethnic, religious, and sexual minorities-whose lives are in danger for being who they are. Vacancy Notice No. HRTK/CPP/SW-I/01/20. Organizationally, HIAS is guided by its Refugee Rights Framework. This rights-based approach, based on international human rights, humanitarian and refugee law and practice, provides a programming framework for HIAS’ focus on refugee protection. This framework prioritizes programming impact that ensures forcibly displaced people realize their potential and become contributors to society, with this impact being achieved through the realization of legal and civil rights and social and economic rights including through 1) the right to protection from harm, violence and discrimination, 2) the right to recovery from the shock of displacement, and 3) the right to economic self-sufficiency and inclusion. .
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist in the identification of refugee children who are survivors of sexual and gender based violence or any other form of trauma
• Assist in identification of refugee children in need of social support such as financial assistance, medical assistance, birth registration, legal protection and family tracing.
• Conduct Best Interests Assessment(BIA) and keep track of recommendations
• Identify children who require psychosocial support and link them with the counselling psychologists for timely support
• Conduct regular home visits to assess the needs and progress of children under HIAS child protection program
• Assist in outreach and community dialogue activities on issues related to child abuse and other children with specific needs
• Assist in conducting referrals of vulnerable refugee children to partner agencies and follow up with clients to facilitate access to external services/resources.
• Prepare summaries for presentation in psychosocial panel, effect subsequent panel decisions and enter data into data base, and provide feedback to refugees
• Monitor to ensure social assistance is reaching out to vulnerable refugee children and family
Skills & Competencies
• Knowledge of Computer Applications such as Ms-ACCESS, Ms-EXCEL, and Ms-WORD
• Good knowledge of human rights doctrine and working experience in counseling
• Experience in capacity building including facilitation of community based training and awareness raising
• Good knowledge of Child rights and issues related to prevention and response to Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV)
• Good knowledge of Nairobi and its environs
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Working experience with refugees an added advantage..
Job Qualification; • Applicants to have recently completed University degree in Social Work, Community Development, Sociology or related field.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae indication to the email address; firstname.lastname@example.org . In addition, indicate Vacancy Notice No. in the subject line. Applications not bearing the requirements highlighted in this advert will not be considered.
Closing: 20th January 2020 5.00pm
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Late applications will not be considered.
HRTK is an equal opportunity employer, does not charge candidates for recruitment and dissociates itself from any entity defrauding candidates.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.