- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Chief Executive Officer/Council Secretary
Jobs at:Council Of Governors
Deadline of this Job:
24th September, 2019
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Council of Governors (COG) is established under Section 19 of the Intergovernmental Relations Act 2012 with a mandate to provide a mechanism for consultation amongst County Governments, share information on the performance of the counties in the execution of their functions, facilitate capacity building for governors, and consider reports from other intergovernmental forums on national and county interests amongst other functions (Section 20).
To enable the Council achieve its mandate and vision, the Council wishes to recruit results oriented individual with drive, vision and creativity to fill the above position.
Overall Purpose of the Position and Job Summary:
The Secretary/Chief Executive Officer is the Accounting officer of the Council of Governors and is responsible for the administrative, managerial and other activities of the Council and its Secretariat. He/She will serve as a Secretary to the Council of Governors.
Duration of the Assignment: The duration of the engagement will be three (3) years renewable for a similar term subject to performance and availability of funds. .
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
• Strong leadership capacities and a demonstrated record of successful leadership of multi-disciplinary teams.
• Previous policy level work with relevant organizations in devolution.
• Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the Constitution in the Devolution space in the Country and beyond.
• Proven change management and analytical skills.
• Managing multiple donor/partner funded programs in fast-paced high profile organizations.
• Senior-level engagement at National and County Government coordination with high level policy issues.
• Demonstrated capacity for complex policy formulation and stakeholder engagement, advocacy and resource mobilization for the devolved governance functions.
• Knowledge of legislative and public finance issues, procedures and processes.
• A Master's Degree in either Public Policy and Administration, Law, Economics, Development Studies, International Relations, or any other relevant field.
• A minimum of ten (10) years' experience in Sector coordination or relevant assignments.
• Be a Kenyan Citizen;
• Be a member of a professional body and in good standing
• Be compliant to the requirements of Chapter six (6) and the thirteen (13) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested persons should download and duly fill the COG EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM and drop the duly completed form, CV with names and addresses of three referees, cover letter indicating clearly as application for the position of Chief Executive Officer in the subject, with current and expected remuneration, and a copy each for ID, certificates, relevant clearance certificates and testimonials.
The hard copy application in plain sealed envelope must be submitted and registered at the Council Offices, Delta Corner Towers- Westlands, Oracle Wing 2 Floor, on or before 5:00p.m. 24 September, 2019 addressed as application for a position of the Chief Executive Officer to;
Council of Governors
PO Box 40401-00100
Council of Governors is an equal opportunity Employer. Persons living with disabilities and Persons from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted Canvassing of any kind may lead to automatic disqualification.
For a detailed Job Description, please visit the Council Website; www.cog.go.ke