- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Business Intelligence (BI) Developer
Jobs at:Co-operative Bank
Deadline of this Job:
27 March 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
You like being part of a fast-paced work environment, and you can always be counted on to exercise sound judgment.
You have a keen eye for identifying potential issues, and you like to work as part of a team to create solutions.
This is the opportunity for you.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to build their career within our IT Department as a Business Intelligence Developer, responsible for the design, development, and documentation of database solutions.
This position requires the ability to complete complex development efforts using an agile development methodology.
Reporting to Head – Business Intelligence Unit, the developer will be responsible for detailed analysis, design and development of business intelligence systems, dashboards and reports.
Additionally, he/she will be required to maintain and support applications within this section and will therefore be required to have knowledge working within the agile methodology keeping in mind quality control plans within the developments to identify improvements. .
The successful jobholder will be expected to:
• Develop and implement Business intelligence reports, dashboards and other solutions that ensure business optimization and requirements fulfillment.
• Analyze business/use case requirements from BI analysts to determine operational problems, define data modeling requirements, gather and validate information, apply judgment and statistical tests and develop data structures to support the generation of business insights and strategy.
• Filter, “clean” data, and review reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems;
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets as well as interpret the data and analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
• Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
• Design and code reports/dashboards according to user specification with the key objective of delivering reports that will assist in decision making and control.
• Make changes to system configuration and parameters to accommodate business and technological requirements.
• Provide test interfaces for users to test the reports and dashboards before being put on the production environment.
• Develop and maintain documentation/manuals on system configuration or setup and deal with queries from users and resolve or advise.
• Locate and define new business and technological process improvement opportunities.
• Carry-out analysis of requirements and recommend solutions to address user requirements as well as attend to systems/solution failures and resolve or coordinate the resolution of the problem.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
The successful jobholder will be required to possess the following qualifications: –
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related degree from a recognized university with experience in software development knowledge.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in software development, data analysis and reporting with a proven record of accomplishment.
• Very strong analytical, presentation & problem-solving skills with the ability to work confidently on high priority problems and present technical ideas in a user-friendly language.
• Technical expertise regarding warehouse design, dimensional modelling and data mining techniques.
• Strong knowledge of and experience with ETL tools(Oracle ODI, Miscrosoft SSIS,Talend) ,query languages(Oracle PL/SQL, SQL), visualization tools (OBIEE, Admin tool, Power BI, SSRS, Tableau, click view)
• Working knowledge of databases (Oracle , SQL server)
• Fair knowledge of programming (Java, C#, Python)
• Very good knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and a fair knowledge of Unix and Linux.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating the job reference number BID/SSD/2020 by 27th March, 2020.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.