- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Chairman: Joint Industrial Council (JIC)
Jobs at:Kenya Ports Authority
Deadline of this Job:
17 August 2020
Date Posted: Monday, August 03, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The KPA Joint Industrial Council which comprises representatives from Kenya Ports Authority and the Kenya Dock Workers Union invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Joint Industrial Council Chairman'.
This is not a full-time engagement the successful candidate will be called upon on a need basis
Chairman - Joint Industrial Council (One) 1 Post
Terms of Employment: Three (3) Year Contract Renewable (Part-time) .
Duties and Responsibilities
• The JIC Chairman will Chair-meetings of the KPA Joint Industrial Council for Industrial Harmony and business continuity in the Port of Mombasa.
• Interpret and guide on application of labour laws and other relevant legislations • Foster a cordial relationship between Management and the Union • Advise and guide on disciplinary matters
Job Skills: Not Specified
Requirements for appointment
• Be a Kenyan citizen
• Be a holder of at least a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or any other related field from an accredited Institution.
• Proven track record of successful CBA Negotiations with experience of not less than (10) years
• Proven track record in Grievance and dispute resolution
• Knowledge and experience in Labour Relations Practices
• Understanding of ILO Conventions and Practices
• Excellent interpersonal communication and reporting skills
• Understanding of terms and conditions of employment
• Demonstrated professional competence, high integrity and leadership capability in work performance and results
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
• Applicants should be Kenyan Citizens
• Applicants should meet requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya and will be required to attach clearance certificates from EACC, KRA, HELB, CRB and a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police Service.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Applications be submitted on or before 17th August, 2020
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked Application for Joint Industrial Council Chairman' to the address below to reach us on or before Monday 17th August, 2020 at 5.00 p.m.
Kenya Ports Authority
P.O. Box 95009-80104
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.