Alumni & Students Affairs
Kenya Institute of Management
Deadline of this Job:
31st October 2018
Date Posted: 18th October 2018 , Base Salary: Nof Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Company
Kenya Institute of Management (KIM) was established in 1954 as a premier institute that provides management consultancy and capacity building services to corporate organizations and other institutions. The institute has embarked on an aggressive expansion and growth programme in line with its strategic plan 2017 – 2021. To deliver this mandate, KIM seeks to fill the position of Officer Membership, Alumni and Students Affairs.
Alumni & Students Affairs
Job TypeFull Time
Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Reporting to the Head of Membership & Business Development. The jobholder is responsible for engaging the students and the alumni for mutual benefit and to grow the institute business through the identified groups.
Managerial / Supervisory / Operational Responsibilities or roles:
- Manage the member life-cycle from recruitment, renewal process and member benefit administration through vetting, processing of certificates and membership certificates.
- Respond to inquiries pertaining KIM product and services for customer satisfaction
- Convert live leads into business through making follow ups
- Collect, compile and process alumni data to be able to constantly communicate on KIM activities.
- Shortlist alumni for profiling to be used in promotion of the institute.
- Ensure that branches develop, plan and implement value add non-academic activities for students.
- Participate in preparation for Business committee meetings.
- Coordinate students’ attachments in partnership with the corporate to give them work exposure
- Participate in marketing campaigns to get leads for follow up
- Coordinate staff at the call centres to ensure smooth running of the operations.
- Organise membership committee meetings and coordinate logistics around the membership events and activities
- Manage member lifecycle from recruitment to renewal process
- Work closely with the departments across the institute to maximize engagement with membership recruitment strategy
- Coordinate members recruitment at the branches
- Assist in organizing the membership committee meetings and coordinate logistics around membership events and activities such as fellow’s luncheons, corporate breakfast, women in leadership dinner and communities of practice
- Work closely with other departments across the institute to maximize engagement with membership recruitment strategy
- Coordinate members’ recruitment by the branches through processing of their applications.
- Actively engage in marketing membership to be able to be able to meet the set recruitment targets.
- Review membership benefits to be able to satisfy members’ needs through meeting their expectation.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Marketing or Business Administration
- Post graduate diploma
- Be a member of Marketing society of Kenya
- Minimum work experience of 3 years’ in service marketing
- Other Skills/Competencies required
- Proficiency in computer use including MS Office tools
- Proposal writing, fund raising and business development experience
- Good presentation skills and ability to engage with senior leadership of client organizations
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Results driven with a go getter attitude
- Ability to work under pressure to deliver challenging targets
- Integrity and commitment to duty