Accountant - Maize Compact and Policy Enabler TAAT projects
Deadline of this Job:
31st October 2018
Date Posted: 17th October 2018 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Company
Position: Accountant - Maize Compact and Policy Enabler TAAT projects
- Provide support in the execution of financial services of TAAT Projects [Maize Compact and Policy Enabler] and other institutional activities ensuring effective and transparent utilization of financial resources and integrity of financial services.
- Ensure promotion of a client—oriented approach consistent with AATF rules and regulations.
- Prepare and maintain accurate, timely. complete and reliable periodical financial reports and ensure that all financial transactions comply with set company policies and procedures as well as development partners‘ regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure full compliance with AATF rules, regulations, and policies on financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and follow-up on Board and audit recommendations;
- Assist with the implementation of effective internal controls, proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system;
- Ensure full compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards [IFRS] and other standards;
- Preparation of TAAT project financial reports for management and respective donors;
- Prepare donor reports for the TAAT Project and any reports that may be required by Management in relation to the project
- this includes maintaining a schedule of funds status for each partner;
- Compute, withhold. account and ensure timely remittance of all payroll deductions and taxes.
Minimum Qualiﬁcations and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Commerce, Accounting, or other related subject;
- CPA—K. ACCA etc. and member of a professional accounting body;
- Five  years‘ experience in finance;
- Knowledge of financial requirements by some donors such as the African Development Bank (AFBD)
- Knowledge of accounting packages such as Sun System. SAGE, Pastel, QuickBooks etc;
- Thorough understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards and various regional statutory requirements and their application
Key Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of and ability to work with different financial controls, systems and regulations including taxation requirements, financial reporting requirements, etc;
- Strong financial management and accounting skills and business acumen;
- Ability to work with different schedules and to meet stringent deadlines;
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment.