Jobs at:Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS)
Deadline of this Job:
22 September 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The job holder is responsible for carrying out fundamental research and statistical analysis of data for purposes of monitoring and measurement of the processes’ performance and staff in the organization.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
• Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
• Participates in development of the Sectional Work plan and budget;
• Participates in implementation of performance management system in the Research and Development Section.
• Assists in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual sectional reports.
• Participates in departmental meetings.
• Participates in committee meetings as appropriate.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
• Collects, Analyses and Interprets data on the performance of KEBS processes and converts it into information for decision making.
• Designs, develops, validates and optimizes research studies for purposes of determining effectiveness and efficiency of KEBS processes.
• Compiles reports, charts, and tables based on established statistical methods and communicates the information to users.
• Performs meta-analyses by pooling data from several studies for use in KEBS decision making.
• Provides research and administrative support to the different departments in KEBS by data analysis, proposal writing, project evaluation and reporting.
• Participates in research on the impact of standardization on the performance of Kenyan industries.
• Analyses Balanced Scorecard data relating to individual and departmental performance.
• Analyses data for the KEBS Quality Management System and other management systems and interprets it for decision making.
• Maintains the integrity of KEBS data and information.
• Participates in the standards development technical committees and other technical meetings as a resource person on measurements.
• Participates in development of sectional budgets.
• Makes recommendations for approval of expenses for technical work.
Responsibility For Physical Assets
• Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
• Makes operational decisions.
• Works predominantly within the office.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
• Bachelor’s degree either Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics ,Management,
• Monitoring & Evaluation from a recognized institution.
• Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
• Registered with relevant professional body.
• Previous relevant work experience not required.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.