Services Engineer (Mechanical)
Jobs at:Co-operative Bank of Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
03 August 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Services Engineer (Mechanical)
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, "The Kingdom Bank" is the place for those looking to new horizons.
We are looking for dynamic, creative and self-oriented professional with the capacity to understand a range of engineering functions and procedures coupled with good diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
Reporting to the Head -- Projects & Facilities, the Services Engineer will be charged with the responsibility to ensure proper and cost-effective maintenance of serviceable items i.e. air conditioners, electrical faults, structured cabling, generators and other bank equipment.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
• Design maintenance strategies, procedures and methods including planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance to minimize unpredicted breakdowns, assess and analyze repair and breakdown costs and recommend equipment upgrading or replacement.
• Manage and oversee routine scheduled maintenance work and respond to equipment faults while carrying out quality inspections on jobs to verify and forward job cards and invoices to Finance for payment.
• Arrange specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components. This will entail preparing bills of quantities for new and refurbished branches to include intruder alarm, CCTV, internal and fascia signage.
• Deal with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs by responding to breakdowns with agility and following up with vendors doing diagnosis and repair of equipment.
• Control Capital Expenditure for projects and maintain renovation costs.
• Maintain statistical and financial records for premises and equipment that are up to date.
• Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation.
• Manage inventory of supplies and bank equipment including generators, Air Conditioners, vault doors and safes, ATMs and firefighting equipment.
• Prepare BQ's and tender specification as required in relation to specialist items installations.
• Prepare repair specifications, select suitable contractors to carry out the works and prepare maintenance tender documents.
Desired Skills and Experience
• A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university.
• 3 years' experience in a similar role in a fast-paced environment.
• Good knowledge in Air-conditioning and Refrigeration.
• Good understanding of Health and Safety regulations as stipulated in the Law, knowledge of the contract law, and arbitration related to building construction.
• Highly flexible, on call 24/7 with the ability to travel to distant branches when required (Must have a valid driving license) and willing to put in extra hours to ensure jobs are completed on schedule and to specification.
• Excellent business skills and knowledge of managing budgets, leading a team and liaising with suppliers
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to Co-operative Bank of Kenya on www.co-opbank.co.ke to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.