Sales Manager, Trucks
Jobs at:D T Dobie
Deadline of this Job:
27 July 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Sales Manager, Trucks
This role is responsible for the coordination of Sales with the objective of maximizing sales to existing and potential customers.
Department: Sales – MB
Section / Unit: Sales
Reports to: HCV Development & Training Support Director
Work station: Nairobi
Direct Reports: Sales Executives
Indirect Reports: Sales Administrator
Job Purpose: This role is responsible for the coordination of Sales with the objective of maximizing sales to existing and potential customers.
Main Responsibilities of the Job
Managerial / Supervisory
• Formulate and implement sales strategies to drive the realization of the department sales targets;
• Prepare and submit sales budgets and the monthly rundown report as per DT Dobie guidelines to assist enhance and monitor performance;
• Prepare and submit expense budgets to ensure the allocation of sufficient resources critical for the implementation of the department sales plans;
• Monitor the utilization of resources to avoid wastage (Resource Management);
• Coordinate credit management in the department to ensure minimal bad debts.
• Initiate and nurture relationships with customers and other key stakeholders to ensure DT Dobie receives the support required in the achievement of set targets;
• Coordinate performance management for the department to ensure high performance and retention of staff;
• Coordinate the operations of the department for enhanced efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of service.
• Monitor the utilisation of demo units assigned to the department to ensure full compliance with the DT Dobie guidelines.
• Conduct business prospecting to ensure the achievement of the monthly order intake and sales targets for the department;
• Carry out weekly follow through of the sales process for vehicle sales orders and liaise with various departments to ensure lead times are adhered to;
• Approve customer vehicle orders to ensure timely processing of the sale;
• Give approvals and confirm price levels and discounts to customers to ensure prices are competitive and protect DT Dobie against possible loss;
• Sign off Delivery note/gate passes to ensure payment terms are complied with and invoices are properly prepared before sign off;
• Check and approve proposals for promotions and promotional items to ensure value for money, cost and quality;
• Follow up on debtors and report to the management to ensure appropriate strategies are employed to recover monies owed to DT Dobie.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Minimum level of academic and professional qualification required to perform effectively in the role
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or relevant field from a recognized institution
• Diploma in Sales and Marketing from a recognized institution
Minimum level of experience required to perform effectively in the role
• 8 years of relevant working experience in the automotive industry, with 2 years of experience in a sales management position in a company of comparable size.
• Sales, Service, Parts Department
• DT Dobie Branches countrywide
• DT Dobie’s Finance, Marketing, CR, HR, Body shop & Procurement departments
• Customers Dealers
• Loxea Limited
• Corporate Clients
• Individual Clients
• Financial Institutions/Banks
• Kenya Revenue Authority
• Contracted Personnel
• Computer Literacy
• Knowledge of relevant legislations related to the motor industry
• Knowledge of the current telematics as provided in the market
• Financial Knowledge
• Knowledge of Government of Kenya Regulations
• Knowledge of Profession body Regulations – KMI regulations
• Analytical (Qualitative & Quantitative)
• Report writing skills- ability to develop reports
• Presentation skills
• Project management
• Strategic development and implementation
• Policy development and implementation
• Business acumen- knows how business works; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting the business; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the market place
• Strategic agility – Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods
• Perspective – Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge; has broad-ranging personal and business interests and pursuits; can easily pose future scenarios; can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future
• Technical learning – Is good at learning new industry, company, product or technical knowledge
• Quality decisions – Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of your solutions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time
• Problem solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; is excellent at honest feedback; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers; probes all fruitful sources for answers
• Interpersonal skills – Is self aware, and has ability to relate with people across all levels of seniority as appropriate, to ensure achievement of personal targets
• Organisational positioning skills – Understanding of organisation structure both formal and informal, is sensitive to how people and organisations function; anticipates where the landmines are and plans his/her approach accordingly; views politics as a necessary part of organisational life and works to adjust to that reality.
• Energy and drive – Has speed and agility: taking quick and timely action; seizes more opportunities than others, pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
• Integrity and trust – Trusted individuals who can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidence, admits mistakes, doesn’t misrepresent themselves for personal gain
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the requirements, kindly forward your application enclosing a detailed word version of your curriculum vitae together with a cover letter by 27th July 2021 to email@example.com
Please indicate Sales Manager, Trucks as the header of your email.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.