Research Officer - HERU
Jobs at:KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme
Deadline of this Job:
22 January 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is based within the KEMRI Centre for Geographic Medical Research - (Coast). Our core activities are funded by the Wellcome Trust. We conduct integrated epidemiological, social, laboratory and clinical research in parallel, with results feeding into local and international health policy. Our research platforms include state-of-the-art laboratories, a demographic surveillance system covering a quarter of a million residents, partnership with Kilifi County Hospital in health care and hospital surveillance, a clinical trials facility, a vibrant community engagement programme and a dedicated training facility. The KWTRP leadership includes the Executive Director Philip Bejon, the KEMRI Centre Director Benjamin Tsofa, the Ag.
Reference Number: RO-HERU -141220
Category: Research Health Economics
Job Grade: 7.01
The research officer will be responsible for 1) Supporting a body of work focused on examining healthcare priority setting in Kenya the broader East African region, 2) Support institutionalization of health technology assessment in Kenya and the East African region, 3) Conduct health technology assessments in collaboration with government
REPORTS TO: PI
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES: None
INDIRECTLY SUPERVISES: None
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY: None
The primary responsibility will be to coordinate and support a body of work focused on the costing and economic evaluation of healthcare interventions. .
For the Health Economics Research Unit (HERU) to:
• Develop research proposals for ethics and scientific review
• Lead the implementation of studies once ethics review has been obtained
• Lead the analysis and write-up of study findings
• Support HERU policy engagement initiatives
• Develop grant applications for funding
• And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
• Good writing skills
• Good presentation skills • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills a meticulous approach to documentation (including word processing and spreadsheet skills)
• Team working and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Ability to work with limited supervision and meet deadlines
• A Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, economics or a health-related subject
• A masters in health Economics
• At least three (3) year related work experience.
• Experience and skills in health technology assessments (including skills in costing, and cost-effectiveness analysis of healthcare interventions including using modelling approaches such as decision tree and markov models, budget impact analysis, and evidence synthesis).
• Experience and skills in econometrics and its application to the economics of health systems such as equity and efficiency analysis
• Strong quantitative data analysis skills using R and Stata as a minimum
• Excellent organisational and communication skills
Field work in selected counties
Willingness to travel throughout the country
Requires flexibility in the hours worked, with the priority being meeting the team’s research goals
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.