Project advisor Livelihoods, Youth and Business
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Advisor livelihoods, youth and business will support the Business Innovation Advisor in the implementation of the Innovation Fund and the Seed Voucher Facility.
This will start with the invitation of applications, screening of applications and selecting applications for granting. In the implementation phase, the Advisor will support the Business Innovation Advisor with the coaching of the approved applicants on compliance, monitoring and reporting in regard to the approved investment proposals. In addition, the Advisor will support them - if relevant - by providing linkages to technical advisors or to input suppliers, service providers and the market.
The advisor will also coach the various partners or clients (i.e. cooperatives, conservancies, ranches) of the project with the implementation of the MoUs with the project. For the implementation of these MoUs, or part thereof, some clients may access the Innovation Fund and/or the Seed Voucher Facility.
The advisor will report to the Business Innovation Advisor and the Project Manager.
• Support the review of applications in line with evaluation and scoring criteria and the contracting process;
• Support implementation of the Innovation Fund and the Seed Voucher Facility in line with its charter and the grant agreements or contracts with the beneficiaries;
• Coach selected applications with their investment proposals, reporting and compliance.
• Support if relevant business linkages between the applicant and input suppliers, service providers (including advisory) and the market, where this will contribute to the success of the approved investment proposals or the MoUs in place.
• Further build, strengthen and manage partnerships with local government, key partners, institutions and stakeholders.
• A relevant advanced academic qualification (Masters degree level or more);
• Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience around donor-funded development projects, preferably with a focus on PSD and MMW4P concepts.
• Highly-motivated, pro-active and independent;
• Background in/understanding of agriculture value chain development and youth employment;
• Experience in livelihood;
• Demonstrated experience in managing various stakeholders;
• Excellent social skills, ability to engage with the private sector, civil society and governments;
• Excellent writing skills;
• Able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Contract Duration: International Employment Contract until 31-12-2023
Expected Start Date: 01-01-2022
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Working at SNV
SNV offers a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal and global network of experts. SNV’s international contract includes a pension plan, life and medical insurances in the benefits package. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
If you believe that your credentials meet the above profile, we invite you to apply by submitting your CV that in English with a cover letter before December 31, 2021.
SNV is an equal opportunities employer and Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.