Jobs at:Moko Home
Deadline of this Job:
05 December 2020
Date Posted: Friday, November 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity and passion. Our customers dream of a better night's sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play. But they tell us this isn't easy - they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone's reach.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You’ll take the reins of our growing production operation. This is a key management and leadership role which will oversee all critical production functions and advance them to the next level. The Production Manager will also work closely with various teams to ensure timely delivery to our customers. .
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
• Work with the supply chain department to forecast and plan for the present and future consumption of raw materials to ensure that materials are always available
• Evaluate production schedules and labor requirements to plan team structure and development
• Develop and maintain production metrics for quality, delivery, and safety
• Build strong rapport with our 150-person-strong production team through open communication; promote a positive, safe, productive, and efficient work environment
• Continually analyze, identify and set expectations to motivate team members to achieve objectives and goals
• Manage employee training and required documentation to ensure effective training methods that are in compliance with current procedures and quality standards
• Ensure that goods produced by your team always meet quality standards
• Monitor product standards at various levels of production and at the point of release so that the cost of rework is reduced
• Monitor and recommend necessary changes to the layout of the plant, machinery, and production processes and methods for any new equipment, materials, or components
• Continuously work to improve the cost of products by optimizing raw materials, labour, and utilities
• Review and recommend appropriate measures to control and minimize waste levels
• Review production practices and equipment; make proposals for improvements to ensure that they are maximally effective
• Support research and development to keep our production team up to date and working with the latest technology and using the most efficient manufacturing practices
CAREER GROWTH + COMPENSATION
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
Job Skills: Not Specified
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
• Strong organizational and record-keeping skills, including the ability to develop operational tools in Microsoft Excel
• Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to relate well with direct reports, customers, and colleagues. Candidates with at least 3 years’ management experience managing a large team preferable.
• Strong professional references demonstrating professional accomplishment and trustworthiness
• Knowledge of good manufacturing practices and lean manufacturing policies and procedures
• At least 5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing setting (process, chemical, mechanical).
• Technical background a plus
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.