Jobs at:Reeds Africa Consult
Deadline of this Job:
12 August 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our client in the construction Industry is looking to hire a Procurement Officer.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing the purchasing and tendering activities and ensure that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality. The candidate is also responsible for maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, approving purchases, and maintaining accurate records.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
• Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
• Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
• Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
• Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
• Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services, and supplies
• Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
• Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality
• Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development.
• Prepare tender/RFQ Proposals by overseeing all aspects of proposal preparation, ensuring quality, and compelling bids are submitted in a timely manner.
• Oversee the tender/RFQ proposal submission process for formatting, completeness, consistency, and compliance including monitoring all related liabilities and third party contracts.
• Reviewing all customer requirements to ensure that they are met in the proposal and collaborate with a wide variety of involved parties to include all necessary information within the proposals.
• Managing databases by organizing and tracking bid submissions and responses, updating the databases regularly and setting up customer profiles in appropriate databases and maintain customer information.
• Prepare reports.
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement or any relevant field.
• Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
• 4 years’ experience in a similar role
• Exposure to Online tendering and ERP system is a must
• Strong communication and negotiation skills.
• Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
• Excellent Interpersonal skills and presentation abilities
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications should be done on or before close of business 12th Aug 2021 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.