Jobs at:National Council of Churches of Kenya (NCCK)
Deadline of this Job:
25 November 2020
Date Posted: Friday, November 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The National Council of Churches of Kenya (NCCK) is a family of Christian communions and organisations in fellowship and witness. It was established in June 1913 during the United Missionary Conference held at Thogoto, near Nairobi. The delegates in the conference, representing the missionary institutions working in the country at the time, affirmed their wish to work towards a united church that would impact the lives of the people.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To effectively manage Internal Medicine services in the Medical Center that promotes patient safety, clinical quality, and contribute to the continuing professional development programs of the hospital .
FIELD OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan for general medical services and resources in the internal medicine unit of the hospital.
• Provide specialized medical services and service delivery in the internal medicine unit of the hospital, ensuring that they meet the expected standards of quality, quantity and compliance.
• Coordinate internal medicine referral services within and without the hospital according to the specialized medical services needs in collaboration with other hospital sections and units and within the framework of the hospital and national referral policies.
• Provide medical research and training within the internal medicine unit of the hospital as well as ensure collaboration and cooperation with Internal Medicine.
• Offer specialized internal medical services’ advice to the hospital executive and other sections/units and the general public.
• Deliver professional health services including provision of Resuscitative and Emergency Services which adhere to the facilities’ policies and procedures.
• Ensure operational readiness of Resuscitative and Emergency Services and equipment including personal equipment.
• Operate within the context of the facility’s Mass Casualty Incident Plan in the designated role, or in other roles as directed by the Medical Superintendent.
• Provide inpatient care and oversee clinical practice and policies to ensure provision of high quality of care at the hospital.
• Work with other medical specialists to solve single or multiple medical issue (s) or perform extensive surgery, when required.
• Prepare and disseminate periodic reports appropriately.
• Comply with the Company’s and Client’s policies and procedures and Code of Conduct at all times.
• Any other job advised by Medical superintended from time to time
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
• Knowledge in Medical services
• Administrative skills
• Leadership trait
• Self-motivated and quick to take initiative
JOB SPECIFICATION AND OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO THE JOB
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
• Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from a recognized institution
Specialised Training/Professional Qualifications
• Master of Medicine in (Internal Medicine) from a recognized institution
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Relevant Job Experience
• Must have worked in a similar position for at least five years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Qualified and interested candidates should download the NCCK Job Application Form from the NCCK website. Candidates are advised to STRICTLY send the application form ONLY, duly filled in PDF format to email@example.com indicating job title in the email subject line. The application forms to be received before close of business on 25 November 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The Public is advised that NCCK does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.