Jobs at:National Council of Churches of Kenya (NCCK)
Deadline of this Job:
25 November 2020
Date Posted: Friday, November 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The National Council of Churches of Kenya (NCCK) is a family of Christian communions and organisations in fellowship and witness. It was established in June 1913 during the United Missionary Conference held at Thogoto, near Nairobi. The delegates in the conference, representing the missionary institutions working in the country at the time, affirmed their wish to work towards a united church that would impact the lives of the people.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide quality paediatrics services to both outpatients and inpatients. He/She will be expected to be an active member of the health care team in the Medical Centre that promotes patient safety, clinical quality and contribute to the continuing professional development programs of the hospital. .
FIELD OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The Consultant will be responsible for the provision of quality comprehensive care to children, both as outpatients and inpatients.
• The Consultant will also be expected to participate in the enhancement of maternal and child health services in the hospital.
• Conduct regular thorough examinations on newborns and young children to check and record their health and normal physical development
• Examine sick children to determine their condition and ask intuitive questions to gather information about symptoms
• Reach an informed diagnosis based on scientific knowledge and individual medical history
• Prescribe medications and give detailed instructions for administration
• Prescribe and interpret appropriate lab tests to gain more information for possible infections or abnormalities
• Prepare and administer vaccines according to the governmental vaccination plan
• Examine and treat injuries and refer the little patients to physicians of other disciplines when necessary (e.g. surgeons, ophthalmologists, orthopedists etc.)
• Advise parents on children’s diet, exercise and disease preventive measures
• Keep updated records of patients’ illnesses, surgeries or other medical episodes (allergic shocks, injuries etc.)
• Keep abreast of advancements in pediatrics and best practices by attending seminars and conferences
• Any other job advised by Medical Superintendent from time to time
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
• Knowledge in Medical services
• In depth knowledge of children epidemiology and infectious diseases
• Administrative skills
• Outstanding diagnostic and problem solving abilities
• Leadership trait
• Up to speed knowledge of drugs/medication appropriate for children and their side-effects
• Self-motivated and quick to take initiative
JOB SPECIFICATION AND OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO THE JOB
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
• Bachelors of medicine and surgery (MBChB)
Specialised Training/Professional Qualifications
• Masters’ Degree in pediatrics
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Relevant Job Experience
• Must have worked in a similar position for at least five years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Qualified and interested candidates should download the NCCK Job Application Form from the NCCK website. Candidates are advised to STRICTLY send the application form ONLY, duly filled in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating job title in the email subject line. The application forms to be received before close of business on 25 November 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The Public is advised that NCCK does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.