Jobs at:National Council of Churches of Kenya (NCCK)
Deadline of this Job:
25 November 2020
Date Posted: Friday, November 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The National Council of Churches of Kenya (NCCK) is a family of Christian communions and organisations in fellowship and witness. It was established in June 1913 during the United Missionary Conference held at Thogoto, near Nairobi. The delegates in the conference, representing the missionary institutions working in the country at the time, affirmed their wish to work towards a united church that would impact the lives of the people.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
• To ensure that all the In and Out patients are given quality and informed care under the supervision of Medical administrator .
FIELD OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Start with IPD, ICU, NICU and other wards round along with resident doctors or clinical officers, staff nurse, nutritionist, ward secretary & monitoring the admitted patients.
• Advising resident doctors or clinical officers to continue / discontinue earlier prescribed medicine and advise additional treatment, if any.
• Monitoring the progress of the patient.
• Advising Clinical Officer / Medical Officer / resident doctors for discharge of the patient & scrutinizing discharge summary.
• Management of OPD and Casualty patients.
• Advising patient for investigation if required.
• Based out of investigation report treatment of patient should be done.
• Referring serious patients out of our control to higher centre
• Referring patients to other consultants of other specialties within the hospital, if required.
• Admission of OPD patients in ICU or IPD, if required.
• Do surgical intervention if required and monitor the post operative care
• Follow-up & counseling of patients as and when required.
• Monitoring of discharge summary.
• Strictly adhering to the medical ethics & management rules & regulations
• Ensure that equipment in the department is functioning satisfactorily or will take necessary corrective action to ensure this
• Assists the Medical administrator for:
• Special material management requirement
• Ensure quality of performance of the department
• Ensure optimum utilization of resources by the him/her and subordinates
• Complaint redressal of patients
• Co-ordinate on all matters relating to
• Provision of infrastructure and maintenance support
• Selection of type and nature of medical consumables and equipment to be procured
• Any other job assigned by medical administrator from time to time
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
• Knowledge in Medical services
• Self-motivated and quick to take initiative
JOB SPECIFICATION AND OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO THE JOB
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
• Bachelors degree in Medicine
Specialised Training/Professional Qualifications
• Training course in various medical discipline
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Relevant Job Experience
• Must have worked in a similar position for at least two years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Qualified and interested candidates should download the NCCK Job Application Form from the NCCK website. Candidates are advised to STRICTLY send the application form ONLY, duly filled in PDF format to email@example.com indicating job title in the email subject line. The application forms to be received before close of business on 25 November 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The Public is advised that NCCK does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.