Junior Software Developer
Jobs at:Nairobi Enterprises and Services Limited
Deadline of this Job:
26 January 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
UNES is the Commercial arm of the University charged with responsibility of inculcating entrepreneurial and best business practices to the overall University. The Company provides Institutional and Research consultancy, Professional Trainings and Product Innovations in several thematic areas. Further, UNES provides Bookstores, Hospitality and Financial Management commercial activities to the University community and the public at large.
Contract Terms: One-year Renewable
The Junior Software developer will be tasked to serve in a crosscutting capacity across various information Systems supported by the HealthIT Project. The Junior Software Developer will work closely with project stakeholders, other developers, quality assurance specialist and business analysts and is a dedicated resource for designing, developing, and maintaining IS. The junior developer will serve as a key software development team member who can work with Software Developers to translate business requirements into a final, robust, working, scalable, and secure software product. In addition, the junior developer will be expected to facilitate capacity building and systems user and technical documentation. .
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Utilize established development tools, guidelines and conventions to design, develop, and test HIS systems
• Enhancing CPIMS, DHIS2, DSL, KHMFL, PHES, JPRP, Service Desk and other IS by analyzing business requirements, user requirements, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement
• Maintain the existing IS assigned to you and by identifying, correcting software defects and enhance software functionality.
• Facilitate and contribute to IS systems integration and data enhancement
• Provide data management support to stakeholders
• Learn and develop skills to keep abreast with new technologies
• Plan, coordinate and conduct systematic IS system testing and documentation
• Engaging users and the technology team in order to prioritize system feature requests
• Provide insight regarding usability and user experience to guide the development and impact of the products for our customers.
• Leverage knowledge and contribute to proper knowledge management within the project
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Develop and maintain both user and technical documentation for systems
• Facilitate capacity building
• Be willing to meet new challenges with enthusiasm and meet deadlines in fast paced environment
• Responsible for physical assets assigned by the project
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent
• At least 1 years’ work experience in a reputable firm
• A good record of working within Academic environment
• Knowledge of programming languages such as Java and Python
• Functional skills in modern software development frameworks or methodologies such as RAD, JAD and DSDM.
• Knowledge of relational database management systems and no-SQL databases
• Good Planner and organizer
• Excellent operational decision maker
• Excellent team member
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applicants interested in the above positions should submit the following:
• Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
• Detailed CV including at minimum:
o Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
o Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
o Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
o Names of 3 referees with their contacts.
• Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
• Completed Personal Data Form (Download via the following link: http://unes.co.ke/home.php/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Applicants-Personal-Data-form-UNES-FM-A-022.docx) fully filled and signed
• Indicate the Job Reference Number and Title in your email
All applications to reach the undersigned on or before January 26, 2021 strictly via the following email firstname.lastname@example.org Hard Copies will not be accepted.
N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted. UNES does not require any payment in order to process your applications.
UNES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PERSONS WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.