Jobs at:National Council of Churches of Kenya (NCCK)
Deadline of this Job:
25 November 2020
Date Posted: Friday, November 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The National Council of Churches of Kenya (NCCK) is a family of Christian communions and organisations in fellowship and witness. It was established in June 1913 during the United Missionary Conference held at Thogoto, near Nairobi. The delegates in the conference, representing the missionary institutions working in the country at the time, affirmed their wish to work towards a united church that would impact the lives of the people.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To constantly monitoring patients with highly unstable physical conditions and therefore will only be responsible for one or two patients at a time. Additionally, you must be able to provide emotional support to gravely ill patients and their families. .
FIELD OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Identify patients’ age-specific needs and alter care plans as necessary to meet those needs.
• Perform approved therapeutic or diagnostic procedures based upon patients’ clinical status.
• Evaluate patients’ vital signs and laboratory data to determine emergency intervention needs.
• Administer blood and blood products, monitoring patients for signs and symptoms related to transfusion reactions.
• Administer medications intravenously, by injection, orally, through gastric tubes, or by other methods.
• Advocate for patients’ and families’ needs or provide emotional support for patients and their families.
• Set up and monitor medical equipment and devices such as cardiac monitors, mechanical ventilators and alarms, oxygen delivery devices, transducers, and pressure lines.
• Monitor patients’ fluid intake and output to detect emerging problems such as fluid and electrolyte imbalances.
• Assess patients’ psychosocial status and needs including areas such as sleep patterns, anxiety, grief, anger, and support systems.
• Collaborate with other health care professionals to develop and revise treatment plans based on identified needs and assessment data.
• Compile and analyze data obtained from monitoring or diagnostic tests.
• Conduct pulmonary assessments to identify abnormal respiratory patterns or breathing sounds that indicate problems.
• Document patients’ medical histories and assessment findings.
• Document patients’ treatment plans, interventions, outcomes, or plan revisions.
• Identify patients who are at risk of complications due to nutritional status.
• Prioritize nursing care for assigned critically ill patients based on assessment data and identified needs.
• Assist physicians with procedures such as bronchoscopy, endoscopy, endotracheal intubation, and elective cardioversion.
• Identify malfunctioning equipment or devices.
• Plan, provide, or evaluate educational programs for nursing staff, interdisciplinary health care team members, and community members.
• Supervise and monitor unit nursing staff.
• Any other job advised by Medical Superintendent from time to time
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
• Knowledge in Medical services
• Administrative skills
• Leadership trait
• Self-motivated and quick to take initiative
JOB SPECIFICATION AND OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO THE JOB
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
• Diploma / Degree in Nursing.
Specialised Training/Professional Qualifications
• Higher Diploma in Critical Care Nursing
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Relevant Job Experience
• Must have worked in a similar position for at least five years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Qualified and interested candidates should download the NCCK Job Application Form from the NCCK website. Candidates are advised to STRICTLY send the application form ONLY, duly filled in PDF format to email@example.com indicating job title in the email subject line. The application forms to be received before close of business on 25 November 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The Public is advised that NCCK does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.