Health Policy and Partnerships Lead (USAID HealthIT PROJECT)
Jobs at:Nairobi Enterprises and Services Limited
Deadline of this Job:
26 January 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
UNES is the Commercial arm of the University charged with responsibility of inculcating entrepreneurial and best business practices to the overall University. The Company provides Institutional and Research consultancy, Professional Trainings and Product Innovations in several thematic areas. Further, UNES provides Bookstores, Hospitality and Financial Management commercial activities to the University community and the public at large.
Contract Terms: One-year Renewable with three months probation period .
Reporting to the Chief of Party shall be tasked with the following responsibilities:
• Policy synthesis, review and alignment to GOK and global digital health environment.
• Policy dissemination, training and HealthIT strategy formulation and alignment with the bigger GOK policy orientation
• Partnerships and Stakeholder engagement and alignment with:
o National GOK (Ministries of Health, Labor and Social Protection, ICT Youth and Innovation, other public institutions), and the private sector
o County Stakeholder Engagement at the Council of Governors, county leadership and county Government stakeholders
• Support GoK in formulation of policy on digital health where relevant, necessary and appropriate and provide technical advice to HealthIT project
• Review, develop and ensure alignment of HealthIT priorities, strategies and plans to the County’s legal, regulatory, policy, and strategic directions, USAID digital strategy as well as any global development in digital transformation to inform HealthIT Strategic Implementation Framework.
• Develop and maintain an updated and synthesized repository of all digital health related legal, regulatory and policy documents including any changes or amendments.
• Keeping abreast of all policy developments in the health sector sector and related fields, particularly relating to Digital Health and keeping the HealthIT team and partners informed and up to date about said developments.
• Providing contextualized analysis of the policy environment for Digital Health, through research and scoping of existing initiatives, gaps in the sector other key stakeholders such as Ministry of ICT, Communications Authority of Kenya, etc.
• To lead on shaping and developing a clear HealthIT digital policy orientation building on what has been started. In particular this will involve:
o Developing and sustaining HealthIT social capital by networking and maintaining key relationships with Key GoK Ministries (MOH, MOICT,
MoLSP), Departments, Agencies (MDAs) and key stakeholders in the sector o Proactive development of collaboration opportunities, joint research on digital health policy with Government, Universities, and other initiatives
• Representing HealthIT in GoK Working and Advisory Committees, Technical Working Groups and intergovernmental forums.
• Develop and maintain effective and efficient procedures and processes for UNES and HealthIT partnerships with its partnering institutions.
• Oversee, facilitate and coordinate all aspects of partnership life cycle management, from stakeholder analysis, partner identification, due diligence, project development, agreement, start-up, implementation, monitoring through to close-out, coordinating effectively with all program, operations and finance components.
• Coordinate due diligence process with respect to all new partnerships, including through appropriate vetting, coordinating the pre-award assessment with other departments, analysis of risks associated with the award, identification and implementation of appropriate measures to manage those risks, working with other UNES and the project team.
• In collaboration with UNES and the project leadership develop Project Support Plans (PSPs) for each partner/project.
• Ensure the timely review of partners’ financial and narrative reports in accordance with the terms of their partnership agreements in consultation with other project technical and leadership teams
• Contributing to project planning and management. Reporting to Project leadership, contributing to Project team, and providing financial and narrative reports
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Master’s Degree in Health Informatics, Information Systems or related discipline
• Passionate commitment to Digital Health and social change.
• Strong understanding of issues affecting Digital Health in Kenya
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience of policy, partnerships and operations research • Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and represent the HealthIT Project externally empathetically and clearly
• Strong writing skills including ability to summarize information into policy briefings or proposals
• Ten years of experience working in or with the Ministry of Health or public sector
• Experience in health informatics is preferable
• Resourceful with an ability to think creatively, see opportunities and take initiative
• Flexible approach to work including excellent time management and self-motivation
• Excellent team working skills and the ability to act independently when necessary.
• Willingness to travel regularly around the country as and when necessary
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applicants interested in the above positions should submit the following:
• Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
• Detailed CV including at minimum:
o Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
o Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
o Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
o Names of 3 referees with their contacts.
• Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
• Completed Personal Data Form (Download via the following link: http://unes.co.ke/home.php/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Applicants-Personal-Data-form-UNES-FM-A-022.docx) fully filled and signed
• Indicate the Job Reference Number and Title in your email
All applications to reach the undersigned on or before January 26, 2021 strictly via the following email firstname.lastname@example.org Hard Copies will not be accepted.
N/B: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted. UNES does not require any payment in order to process your applications.
UNES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PERSONS WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.