Head of Terminal
Jobs at:Parker Randall Eastern Africa
Deadline of this Job:
25 September 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our client, a market leader in commodity trading, freight management, warehousing and logistics is seeking to recruit an organized, experienced and highly motivated individual who is looking for an opportunity for growth within a forward-thinking organization to fill the position specified below. The ideal candidate will have the privilege to work in an exciting and fast-paced environment where innovative strategies to streamline processes and improve efficiency will be required. The position will be based in Nairobi.
JOB TITLE: HEAD OF TERMINAL
Reporting to the GM-Freight Division, the successful candidate will be responsible for setting and delivering objectives aligned to our client's strategic plan. He/she will coordinate direct, monitor and control all activities within the provisions of the company's policy and regulatory requirements. .
Key Duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for driving productivity and profitability of the terminal and fulfilling its commercial obligations to its customers in a safe and cost-effective manner and implement the company's commercial strategy as per the terminal's Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Actively participate in identifying and developing business opportunities to ensure the terminal attains budgeted sales turnover while ensuring cost savings through the necessary financial and operational controls.
• Plan, implement and oversee the work of staff members to ensure efficiency and compliance with organizational requirements and company procedures as you manage the terminal in accordance with prevailing legislation, codes of practice and company policies.
• Monitor control and report on all aspects of terminal activity including operations, security, and environmental, health and safety, financial engineering customer stock holding, quality and HR issues.
• Identity, establish and build relationships with all identified stakeholders including regulatory bodies, employees and customers to ensure clients satisfaction.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Requirements and key competencies
• Degree in Business related studies. A Master's degree will be an added advantage
• Professional qualifications in freight management, clearing and forwarding, shipping or related field
• Minimum of 10 years proven hands-on experience running a dry port/CFS/Cargo Terminal a busy logistics terminal, a warehouse a distribution centre, cargo handling of various products, a cargo yard management centre and depot and transport services.
• Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Knowledge of multimodal transport coordination and operation
• Understanding of international supply chain and logistics strategies and requirements
• Ability to handle complex customers' needs, while building relationships and partnerships in the value chain
• Excellent business acumen, street smart with excellent communication interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Proven staff management and leadership capability
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
• On offer for the successful candidate is an excellent opportunity to join the market leader and will be rewarded with an above industry salary package and attractive perquisites.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you believe you fit the above profile, send in your application electronically indicating your current and expected salary and tell us why you would be a valuable inclusion to our client's team. Send a detailed CV and testimonials on or before 25th September 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Head of Terminal as the subject matter. The applicants should meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution on leadership and integrity.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.