Head of Quality
Jobs at:Opibus (Roam)
Deadline of this Job:
24 June 2022
Date Posted: Friday, May 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our vision is to make electric transport more accessible to a broader market by making the technology more cost-efficient and simplifying deployment. The company focuses on all-electric conversion kits for fleet vehicles such as light trucks, public transport and buses, as well as electric motorcycles and energy systems. We're currently looking to hire a talented Head of Quality to join our Production team and help us deliver the ambitious and exciting milestones in an evolving roadmap across our full range of products and services.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Head of Quality who will be responsible for overseeing and implementing the Quality System across the organization, from ordering parts to recording faults on the production line to checking the various products before shipment to the customer. You'll get hands-on and see the impact of your work very quickly in an agile environment: our typical project lifecycle is between two and 4 weeks and, although we often work on initiatives that run longer, we always divide these up into smaller tasks and aim to ship regularly. You’ll have the room to learn from supportive and collaborative colleagues, with time set aside for professional development and more self-directed work on a regular basis.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
• Communicate and inspire to implement quality ownership by everyone
• Responsible disciplinary head for plant quality teams and for overall plant quality performance
• The driver of continuous improvements using advanced data management techniques and quality methods
• Motivates and retains his/her direct reports and supports the disciplinary leaders to keep their teams motivated and retained.
• Sets the personal targets and objectives for his/her organization based on the strategy of the company.
• Gives input to the plant strategy definition and drives the rollout of the plant strategy in his/her area.
• Defines the quality department roadmap and tracks the strategic projects.
• Responsible for the annual planning of resources for the Quality area
• Approve of purchase requests related to his/her cost centers.
• Inspire Quality for Everyone to empower all levels of the organization
• Exemplify professional communication and integrity to achieve high customer satisfaction, trust and retention.
• Final decision on conformance/non-conformance/blocking of parts
• Drive Supplier Quality Management in the plant
• Ensure quality performance prior to gate reviews
• Definition and driving of the Plant Strategy, Roadmap, resource and budget planning
• Implementation and organization of the quality audit process in the plant
• Must have a engineering background
• Must have at least 7 years working experience as a Manager in Quality Assessment.
• Must be ISO Certified, and deployed QMS twice
• Must know at least six sigma
• Must be aware of Industry 4.0 and quality 4.0 and the manufacturing technology
Career Level: Mid Level Management
Education: Bachelor’s Degree/ Diploma Certificate
Location: Airport North Road - Nairobi
Deadline: 24th June 2022
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Use the link below to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.