Head of Policy, Evidence and Learning
Jobs at:CaLP - the Cash Learning Partnership
Deadline of this Job:
24 June 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
In case of queries, including any questions about possible location, please contact Karen.Peachey@calpnetwork.org
Are you committed to improving cash and voucher assistance (CVA) as a key part of the humanitarian response? Do you know your way around the policy debates that influence the CVA operating context? Do you happy engaging in dialogue and influencing action, both diplomatic and tenacious? Are you committed to using evidence and sharing learning to drive positive change in the humanitarian system? Are you ready to work in a fast-paced environment, where you can inspire, influence, support and lead? If this sounds like you, then read on.
We’re looking for someone to head up our newly formed Policy, Evidence and Learning team. You’ll build on the great work that has already done and take it further. Working with an experienced staff team, with CaLP members and the wider network, you’ll ensure policy is evidence-informed; you’ll facilitate the generation of evidence and learning in priority areas; ensure core training products remain the ‘gold standard’; and actively promote the uptake of learning and good practice. You’ll need to be up for a challenge, passionate about creating change and a great professional. In return, you’ll be part of a wonderful team and will know you’re helping make a difference.
The Head of Policy, Evidence and Learning guides a coherent technical, policy and learning team, ensuring collective efforts and resources lead to maximum impact and relevance. By working collaboratively with and through the network, the team facilitates learning and influences evidence-based policy and action. It identifies evidence and research priorities; ensures core training products remain as ‘gold standard’; facilitates the generation of evidence and learning; captures diverse experiences and perspectives; and actively promotes the uptake of learning and good practice.
Some of the key accountabilities
• Provide management support and foster personal development of team members
• Lead the development of evidence, policy and learning, convening and facilitating purposeful interactions across the network to identify priorities and foster collective action to accelerate change and increase impact.
• Undertake external engagement and influencing, with active participation in key policy forums.
• Ensure analysis, evidence, learning and policy engagement is rooted in response realities.
• Convene and facilitate meetings and debates – ensuring diversity of engagement.
• Ensure policy influencing is transparently informed by evidence and values, and is system-sensitive.
• Lead the development of a new global framework for action, facilitating broad engagement and collective ownership
• Develop strategies and approaches for engaging in key policy forum, with influential stakeholders and for increasing, where relevant, the diversity of engagement in policy discussions.
• Synthesise and elevate conversations and perspectives from different parts of the world.
Some of the skills and experience we’re looking for:
• Master’s degree or equivalent qualification, or equivalent level of professional experience
• Experience across CaLP’s core activities, such as: training, knowledge management, research, facilitation, convening and policy influence
• Experience and professionalism in networking to engage and influence with senior actors
• Understanding of CVA in a humanitarian context and the opportunities, complexities and politics around it
• Senior management experience and excellent communication skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.