Jobs at:Daima Sacco Ltd.
Deadline of this Job:
14 April 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
FINANCE MANAGER – REF: FM/DSSL/04.21 .
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Finance Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and controlling the accounting function for an appropriate and accurate overall accounting system in the Sacco operations. Specifically, the roles attached to this position includes;
1. Preparing financial statements as per the International Financial Reporting Standards, meeting specifications as provided for under the Sacco Societies Act
2. Ensuring that monthly trial balance is presented to the board through the CEO and advice the board on financial status of the society.
3. Preparing budgets and cash flow projections in consultation with C.E.O.
4. Ensuring timely and accurate monthly bank reconciliations on Sacco bank accounts, suspense accounts, POS and Mpesa pay bill accounts
5. Ensuring that the regulatory reports/returns are properly compiled and sent as per the regulatory requirements eg SASRA, KRA, NSSF, NHIF etc
6. Monitoring and timely replenishing/repatriating cash from/to the bank and branches
7. Recommending investment of surplus members’ funds in consultation with the CEO
8. Preparing liquidity assessment for the Society
9. Recommending staff loans and salary advances
10. Chairing the Tender and Procurement committee
11. Ensuring transparency, accountability and effective use of Sacco’s financial resources and assets.
12. Assisting in development and implementation of Sacco policies, rules, and procedures in liaison with the CEO and the board.
13. Assisting in development/reviewing of Sacco products and services
14. To act in CEO’s position in his/her absence.
15. Appraising the staff under Finance department and ensures that they are working according to laid down procedures.
16. Approving the staff Pay roll before it is posted
17. A custodian to all Sacco cheques
18. Ensuring timely payment/renewal of all relevant Sacco licenses; SASRA, County etc
19. Ensuring all requisite insurance covers are in place and premium payments done timely
20. Marketing and cross-selling the Sacco products and services
21. Any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the CEO
Qualification / Requirements
Skills, Competencies and Experience
1. Degree in a business related field
2. CPA(K); ACCA also acceptable
3. Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience with practical knowledge of a deposit taking Sacco’s operations, processes and procedures
4. Proficiency in computer application, especially in accounting packages and systems
5. Knowledge of various Sacco software systems an added advantage
6. Training in leadership and managerial skills including coaching an added advantage
7. Have excellent financial analysis skills
8. Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
9. Have excellent report writing and presentation skills
10. Possess leadership and supervisory skills
11. Possess analytical and critical thinking skills
Job Qualifications : Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Complete and submit your application by 14th April 2021, EOD. Ensure you attach your application letter and a detailed CV. No need to attach certificates and other testimonials at application stage but short listed candidates will be required to produce them during the interview. NB: Applications that are incomplete or that are received beyond the deadline will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. How to apply Interested applicants who meet the above requirements are requested to apply by clicking APPLY HERE
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.