Jobs at:KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme
Deadline of this Job:
22 January 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is based within the KEMRI Centre for Geographic Medical Research - (Coast). Our core activities are funded by the Wellcome Trust. We conduct integrated epidemiological, social, laboratory and clinical research in parallel, with results feeding into local and international health policy. Our research platforms include state-of-the-art laboratories, a demographic surveillance system covering a quarter of a million residents, partnership with Kilifi County Hospital in health care and hospital surveillance, a clinical trials facility, a vibrant community engagement programme and a dedicated training facility. The KWTRP leadership includes the Executive Director Philip Bejon, the KEMRI Centre Director Benjamin Tsofa, the Ag.
• Field Manager.
• Field Workers. .
• Train and supervise fieldworkers, carry out regular visits and spot checks to ensure adherence to data quality, ethical guidelines
• Ensure questionnaires/ data forms are well completed and track questionnaires/forms sent back for call-backs and take corrective action including re-training of field teams on use of research instruments.
• Participate in planning and carrying out community mobilization activities.
• Maintain relevant census documentation and records.
• Provide support and guidance to the Field Workers on data collection, resolve any problems and report on actions taken.
• Prepare reports on field operations as required.
• Take care of assigned equipment including timely reporting of damages and required repairs.
• Participate in continuous quality control and validation; chair weekly Field workers’ debriefs; attend weekly quality control meetings; attend quarterly CAST meetings;
• Supervise and evaluate census enumeration/manual editing and oversee mapping
• Offer technical support to the Field Management Office on how best to nest onto the KHDSS and to liaise with transport and other departments to overcome complicated logistics.
• And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
• Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) Mean Grade C Minus (C-).
• Relevant Diploma from a renowned training institution.
• At least four years (4) experience of fieldwork
• Clear supervisory role in job description.
• Be registered with relevant professional body where applicable
• Co-ordination and management skills or technical skills
• Good organisational skills
• Strong Supervisory skills
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Team working with the ability to work in a multicultural environment
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.