Jobs at:Kenya Hospices and Palliative Care Association
Deadline of this Job:
12 February 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Kenya Hospices and Palliative Care Association (KEHPCA) is a non-governmental organization that exists to promote access to quality Palliative Care for all in need across the country. It has over 15 years of dedicated advocacy for Palliative Care and is a powerful voice for persons living with Palliative Care needs (PLWPCN).
KEHIPCA seeks to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position: Executive Director .
• Works with board and secretariat staff to fulfill the organization mission through programs. strategic planning and community Outreach
• Develops resources sufficient to ensure financial sustainability of the organization and oversee efficient utilization of the resources to support the organization's operations
• Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the organization.
• Ensure efficient running of the KEHFCA secretariat including over the compilation and updating of the membership list organizing the board meetings, preparing and submitting the required reports to the development partners, donors. Government of Kenya and others requiring reports and to manage the association Secretariat
• To establish K IPCA as the first point of contact for the country groups on Palliative Care and related issues, therefore acting as a rapid efficient and consultative channel for Palliative Care activities within the country and to provide a specialist information service for members on Palliative Care issues such as training programs available, experts within the country and advocacy issues.
• To coordinate the promotion of Palliative Care within the region in collaboration with relevant rational experts in Palliative Care and to act in an advocacy role within the region.
• To ensure continuity of partnership and collaboration with the Ministry of Health Kenya and County governments to support the scale up and integration of palliative care
Job Skills: Not Specified
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Master's Degree in Palliative Care/Public Health Global Health or equivalent
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in a related field at senior management level
• Experience working in Health or Health related sector and involvement in advocacy work is an essential requirement
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Salary: Based on qualifications and experience.
Age: Between the age of 40-50 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should forward their application to the Board Chairman together with the necessary certificates and other testimonials, copy of current pay slip, daytime telephone contact and addresses of three referees to: EDposition@kehpca.org of hard copies may be dropped at the KEMPCA office located at Top Plaza Balding, Second Floor Suite 2 2. Kindaruma Road, Kilimani, Nairobi between 9.00 am to 4.00 pm Monday to Friday.
Closing Date: 12th February, 2021 at 4.00 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Jab disclaimer and notification: KEHPCA is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for any interview.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.