Jobs at:County Government of Murang'a
Deadline of this Job:
19th October 2019
Date Posted: Friday, October 11, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The County Government of Murang'a under the leadership of H.E mwangi Wa Iria initiated an elaborate dairy supply chain program that has commercialized dairy farming in Murang'a County. This was achieved through numerous support programs initiated by governor Mwangi Wa Iria. Among the dairy development support programmes are;
• Purchase and distribution of milk cooling plants with a capacity of 5,000 litres each to farmers for free in all the dairy producing wards among the 35 wards in Murang'a.
• Setting up farmers into organized co-operatives from all the milk catchment areas and attaching each group to a milk cooler with a primary objective of collecting the milk from the farmers to the coolers.
• Set up of Murang'a County Co-operative union (MCCU) an umbrella co-operative which is charged with the responsibility of sourcing for the market for the milk collected by the mashinani co-operatives.
• Sourcing and ensuring a consistent and sustainable milk market, ensuring a minimum and guaranteed return of kshs. 35 per litre at farm gate.
• Introduction of a highly subsidized Artificial Insemination program to the farmers to enhance their breeds and ensure consistency and increase in milk production.
• The launch of the cow ownership program "ONE FAMILY ONE COW that ensures every household in Murang'a benefits from the dairy supply chain.
• The fodder programme which has cushioned the farmer from the skyrocketing animal feeds prices as well as ensure quality and high production of milk hence the introduction and free distribution to dairy farmers of the exotic fodder crops mainly kakamega 1 and Kakamega 2 Napier grass plus other fodder crops that are high in proteins like Lucerne.
• The County government is the process of setting up an animal feeds factory which will protect the farmer from the high cost of production and give them assure quality of feeds.
• Set up of the state of the art Murang'a Cooperative Creameries milk processing factory. The factory is now up and running and producing brands like Extenueu Snell Lire (ESL), Iria Fresh. County Fresh and other fermented dairy products categories.
Murang'a Co-operative Creameries is seeking to recruit partners across the country to distribute its products. MCC is offering an opportunity to investors with a drive and spirit of growing brands, successful investors will enjoy exclusive territory and very good margins. .
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Demonstrated ability to make daily sales of a minimum of kshs 100.000.
• Have premises /storage facility within the applied area.
• Have established distribution network.
• Proven experience in selling fast moving consumer goods (FMCG)
• Experience in selling milk and milk products is an added advantage.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the area one is applying for.
• Six months bank statements.
• Nature of business currently involved in.
• State working capital or bank guarantees available for trading.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Kindly send your business application clearly marked MILK DISTRIBUTION to:
The General Manager,
Murang'a Co-operative Creameries,
Maragua , Murang'a.
Or download distributor application forms from our website www.mccreameries.co.ke and drop them at our factory in Maragua on Kenol, Murang'a road, directly opposite Maragua Police Station in Murang'a County.
You can also send your application on email; firstname.lastname@example.org or call the following number and speak to Moses 0794 673 122
Women, youth, people living with disabilities and boda boda groups are encouraged to apply as away of creating employment and business opportunities for them
Note, the appointment will be on first come and qualified basis. For more information or to place an ORDER, Call us on 0794 673 121
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.