Deputy Manager – Underwriting (Corporate Business)
Jobs at:KUSCCO Mutual Assurance Limited
Deadline of this Job:
13 April 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, April 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Deputy Manager – Underwriting (Corporate Business)
Reporting To: Chief Executive Officer
KUSCCO Mutual Assurance Limited was incorporated in Kenya in January 2019 and is a subsidiary company of KUSCCO Ltd with a vision, to be the leading insurer committed to quality with unwavering client focus. In order to strengthen our business operations and enhance service delivery, the company wishes to recruit an experienced, dynamic and innovative Deputy Manager – Underwriting (Corporate Business).
The position holder is responsible for overseeing the coordination of the underwriting function (corporate business) which includes assessing risks, renewal invites, premium collection and allocation, premium reconciliation, medical underwriting and issuance of policy documents in accordance to the laid down procedures to ensure effective and efficient service delivery to customers. .
• Coordinate the preparation /issuance of policies and endorsements for all classes of life insurance within the system at the agreed turnaround time.
• Responsible for timely communication of renewal terms to the clients in order to increase retention of existing business.
• Coordinate issuance of renewal notices, three months prior to expiry of policy cover
• Identify un-renewed schemes by first week of the following month and ensure counter follow-ups are done appropriately.
• Ensure adherence to all the process, procedures and controls within the department
• Conduct trainings on various covers to staff and intermediaries.
• Resolve internal control audit recommendations fully and ensure no issue automatically escalates.
• Monitor the quantity and quality of work done with zero error which may result in disputes with other departments.
• Responsible for preparing management reports.
• Periodically review existing products and their respective benefits and compare with the market needs with a view to meeting identified customer needs.
• Liaise with the reinsurance section to ensure reinsurance placements are done in a timely manner.
• Build a supportive, team-orientated environment for the staff through continuous training, guidance, coaching and mentoring.
• A Bachelor’s degree in insurance or a business related field from a recognized institution.
• Professional qualification in insurance (ACII/AIIK/LOMA).
• In-depth understanding of underwriting process, life insurance laws, practices and regulatory requirements in Kenya.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft office suite.
• Ability to analyze and interpret statistics.
• Strategic planning, budgeting and management experience.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Organization and planning skills; ability to organize and prioritize.
Job Qualifications : Not Specified
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application letter (stating current and expected pay) & updated CV (with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate or former supervisor) addressed to the Chief Executive Officer to reach us on or before 13th April 2021 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.