Jobs at:Co-operative Bank of Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
06 December 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
• Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users ensuring performance of production databases.
• Monitoring including systems logs, events, and event correlation and maintaining performance statistics and setting baseline statistics.
• Monitoring and managing the high availability components including RAC, Data guard, RMAN, ASM, and the underlying infrastructure for mission critical databases.
• Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans and ensuring that storage, archiving, backup and recovery procedures are functioning properly.
• Take lead role in the various I.T. audits in providing necessary information and enforcing closure of audit, change management and compliance issues.
• Manage key I.T. risks for all database systems and ensure proper mitigation.
• Take lead role in BCP and disaster recovery preparedness through periodic testing as scheduled and update of disaster recovery procedures and sharing the results with management.
• Team up with applications support, development and infrastructure team in the development, implementation, management applications, infrastructure, and monitor system health in order to proactively identify weaknesses and address them.
• Perform database tasks such as schema design, capacity planning, maintenance, trouble shooting, and change control activities.
• Considering both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users and further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements.
• Installing database management systems (RDBMS) using best practice; ensure compliance with RDBMS license agreements and maintain upgrades and critical patches
• Database setup, configuration and administration of MYSQL, MSSQL
• Installation and Administration of SAP HANA databases
• Creating and maintaining database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata) and maintain all technical documentation relating to database management.
• Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
• Perform under limited supervision, maintain reliability of data and databases, and assist in developing and implementing standards for database maintenance and configuration.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline, or equivalent.
• 3 -5 years in database technology with experience deploying database and data warehousing technologies (e.g. High Availability, Real Application Clusters, ESBU Backups, Partitioning, Oracle DataGuard) in production environments.
• Oracle RDBMS 11g/12c OCP certification as well as strong SQL and PLSQL skills including data warehouse objects such as partitioning and materialized views.
• Skills in Oracle RDBMS 19c
• Skills in Oracle Engineered Systems e.g. Oracle SuperCluster, Exalytics, Exadata Storage, ZFS storage and SmartScan.
• Skills in Data Integration, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, OLAP, and Data mining as well Familiarity with ICT standards such as ITIL, COBIT.
• Proficiency in various operating systems like AIX, Solaris, Linux & windows.
• Thorough knowledge on data profiling, data modeling and data validation and associated tools; Skills in Database Sizing, Storage, Performance, and Security Considerations.
• Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze and correlate complex data and excellent knowledge on the Oracle Technology stack as well as excellent knowledge of ICT system architectures, platforms and Infrastructure.
• Ability to effectively communicate complex technical issues and exhibit a wide degree of creativity and latitude coupled with the ability to lead and direct the work of others without the benefit of a direct reporting relationship as well as the ability to utilize independent judgment and to support senior managers on operational criticality
• General awareness of the banking industry ICT operations and security procedures.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating the job reference number DBA2/ICTI/2021 by 05th December 2021.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.